Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Buell Model

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/lig...t/features.asp

check it out. I am not too impressed myself. Shows very little effort to build. Looks just thrown together.......

WOW! They're moving in the right direction with their bikes there! I wouldn't mind having one of them monsters!

Ditto on the not impressed. It's a Uly with a Lightning shock and tailframe. Trying to cash in on the motard craze I guess.

I could probably build one myself pretty cheap w/parts off eBay.

Administrator
    Looks like they're searching for lawsuits. That looks enough like a moto bike that I'd like to go completely air born. End result - Dead or severely injured. I understand tooling, mold, and other manufacturing processes enough to know that they can't afford a major XB redesign for a few years unless competition demands. Buells are already cutting edge with engineering. I'd only expect engine tweaks, comp tweaks, and cheap plastic add-ons for awhile. I'd ride it. :p

They basically just threw a Uly front fender on a Lightning Long Frame, with Uly forks, and bolted number plates to the mounts for the rear foot pegs. They also took the hump out of the seat and called it a "solo"

still not impressed.....:o

For once so far, I agree with BuellPartsGuy! I am not a big fan of the Lightning family anyway, but this bike does nothing for me. If you really want to make an offroad bike, change the belt to a chaindrive. Even though the belt is great, it isn't very good when on dirt roads. (Small rocks=broken belt) This would then be in about the same market as the BMW models. It has 2 wheels, so if it were given to me, I would ride it, but I would never buy it.

I guess you can enter to win one of these new ones if you can design a custom plastics set. Could turn out pretty cool if you did it right. Get your entries in boys!!

http://www.buell.com/en_us/promos/stt_contest/index.asp

Where do we enter, at the store, or online?

online you print out a template to modify with a Photoshop program and then you e-mail it in. all the instructions are on that page once you create a login....

playing with the idea of a buell...dealers around my way drop the buell line so seeing one or sitting on one has not happened yet....do you think the new stt model will feel bigger then long model....im, 6,1 and would buy either one of the two that fits me best...bigger the better for me....just like the looks of the buell it will be a second bike for myself....I hear a few guys talking about the buell power..guess ill have to ride one to see I have torque and hp now that i would pull a buell pretty good at 300 lbs more....thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast