Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tach needle lights up about 5k ?

in neutral it will light up or when the clutch(not totally sure) is puled in too

Ahh, friends... no need to be snippy.. I joined this site because I'm a proud Buell owner, proud Union tradesman that's supports a Finely , And only American made Super bike...Most my Harley friends disowned me for buying Buell.. All I'm asking of Anyone is their Personal experiences of What they're encountering. .. my case, cold or not..at about 5kish rpm, the tach needle lights up red... inquiries as to why ? No issues with the speedo nor sensor. ..yes, 10,500 rim redline. .. has Jardine rt-5 exhaust and EBR ECM. .( I INSTALLED ) the bike runs fine..****s n Gits.. just curious to tach light-up because that's where there isn't power band or significant notice to do something. ..This site has been so helpful , so far... I appreciate everyone's input. ..thanks.

Hhhhmmm, I have almost 20K on my CR and have never noticed this. I can't imagine why the needle would light up at 5k unless its something either a previous owner wired or as previously mentioned.

In after thought because we like to stay above 5k for the oil squirter to flow into the stator housing it could be just a visual clue that the previous owner wired. Which is a pretty smart idea. Honestly never noticed the color(s).

-J

Thanks for the input. . This was a unmolested bike.. good to know about running above 5k due to oil squirter .. like I've post.. it's my first buell.. not my first bike.

Ok...I just video'd it... will try to upload to you tube ..and forward link...

mine always does it

Found out from EBR. .shift point indicator. It will light up at different rpm's depending on engine temp.. AND , when your close to REDLINE. Cool, it was driving me nuts. I knew there was something behind the reasoning. ..

Yay I was right! Look how pedantic I am!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12