Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSL Superbike Conversion Instructions?

Ich, while I understand that the current generation isn't up to your standards, do know I've rebuilt motors and done a lot of extensive work on cars and motorcycles in the past, and is the first time I've ever had to resort to cutting stock pieces to make something work. I'm also in my 30's, and don't believe that I really fit into the "younger generation".

The pictures you've shown have several things in common. The first is that the levers for brake and clutch are pointed very sharply down - I don't think I'd be able to ride with the levers like that. The second thing - with the levers rolled that far forward, flushing the brake fluid would require loosening the bar clamps and rolling the bars back. That's not a dealbreaker, it's just an extra step in what should be simple process. Lastly, the picture from LSL shows a fair amount of bar-end sticking through the grips. The first few times I looked at the pictures on their site, I thought it was a fancy bar-end. Now I realize that it's the end of the bar, and they didn't cut it off. All of the other pictures I've seen online (and the three you linked) have the bar ends cut down after the installation when the levers were moved further inwards. This isn't mentioned by LSL anywhere (or by any forum members), and so how was I supposed to know? It's supposed to be an install almost identical to stock - and stock doesn't have the bars sticking out the ends of the grips.

I'll mess around with it more and see if I can make it clear. If I can, I may install another fairing sometime in the future if it bothers me.

Thanks for your help, even if you were intending it to be sarcastic, or backhandedly insulting.

I'm also in my 30's, and don't believe that I really fit into the "younger generation".
    hahahahaha ... ein windelpupser! wenn du eine 6 vorne stehen hat, dann darfst du gerne mal wieder versuchen, mir an's bein zu pissen. falls ich dann noch leben sollte.

The first is that the levers for brake and clutch are pointed very sharply down - I don't think I'd be able to ride with the levers like that.
    ja, ne, is klar. alle anderen sind doof, du bist schlau.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12