Thread: XB as an investment?

Any folks given any serious consideration to an XB as a collectible investment?

I've got 4 bikes in the garage, & a pregnant wife pressuring me to cull the herd.

I've got a 2006 Ss in Class-3 'good' condition, in all black, ~25,000 km (15,000 mi), & I don't see myself getting much saddle time on it any more. I plan on keeping one 'all-rounder' bike on the road.

I'm waffling between just selling-off at ~$5,000 & blow the money on diapers, or put into storage in hopes it'll actually be worth something one day?

I'm not imagining an XB ever being the next Vincent, Borough, or sandcast CB750, but anyone got any reasoned business-case for keeping it?

I think it's all about finding the right person to buy it someday...

Also, have to consider the cost and work to maintain it, if it's not in stock/mint condition I'd probably sell it.

The Buell community is a niche market. I don't think it will be an "investment" to keep to make a return as those bikes you mentioned for example. BTW, congrats on being a dad!

Honestly the buells seem to have a low value right now, which is great to for us who love to ride em. Great bike for the price.

One day I hope they are worth something, and they do have a really nice history behind them with Erik Buell. To my knowledge honda, yamaha, etc dont have that kind of history.

Have you guys seen what tubers bring?

Honestly, XB prices have gone up by a few hundred, possibly a thousand over the last three years. 1125 prices are almost on par with XB's. Tubers are definitely going up and are selling for almost as much as the XB.

xb will be a 2-6k bike depending on milage and condition 5 years from now,ten years from now and 20 years from now

I think if you had a lower mileage bike you may have a solid investment. But unless you plan on keeping it maintained for 30 years I don't think it would be worth your time. If you had a brand new or under 5k miles it may be a different story.

Imo it seems as if they are going a little higher this year.I agree with last 3 posts.and depending on the time of year.But I wouldn`t think they would bring alot of cash down the road either? but who knows.

I am hearing a general consensus that the XB's potential for appreciation is moderate at best. I certainly don't disagree with that prediction, but I'm also interested in hearing any thoughts to the contrary (if they're out there).

BTW, congrats on being a dad!Â*
    Thanks!