Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ECMSpy: maps x AFV

In the ECMSPY User and Tuning guides, the author writes, as a prerequisite to tuning the closed loop area, "Note the AFV and multiply both front and rear maps by it’s value"

To do that for say, an AFV of 110, do you edit each cell in the fuel map individually, or is there a way to increase the whole map at once by 10%?

Thanks.

Let us in on exactly what it is youre trying to accomplish and maybe we can give you better advice. Because multiplying the whole map by 10% regardless of method is a bad idea.

To do that for say, an AFV of 110, do you edit each cell in the fuel map individually, or is there a way to increase the whole map at once by 10%?
    Mit Tunerpro sollte das gehen. Ich habe es nie gemacht, weil mir der AFV egal ist. Hauptsache, EGO Corr ist in allen Zellen im CL gleich.

Because multiplying the whole map by 10% regardless of method is a bad idea.
    Die Idee ist, die Map auf den gleichen Stand zu bringen, wie der AFV es macht. Das umfasst auch den CL, weil der AFV ein Resultat der EGO Corr ist.

With a Drummer SS muffler, K&N filter and airbox delete, my '04 XB12S is running lean as is evidenced by the 117% AFV corrrection, and by a surging idle speed. My AFV was 111% with no idle issues until I removed the airbox cover.
    The EGO is correcting the lean condition by applying a 117% correction both in the closed and open loop areas, or in other words, map-wide. As is stated in several places through out the user and tuning guides, (look for "prerequisites" in the tables of contents), before any tuning can be done, you should correct the fueling so that the EGO doesn't have to make any correction to the AFR. It's called stabilizing the AFV.
    So, if the AFV correction is 117% for example, you multiply the map values by 117%, which increases the fueling in each map cell by 17%, and then set the AFV back to 100.
    Then, ideally (but it seldom works out perfectly), when you go for your next ride, the EGO can chill and stay near 100 (or 1, or stoicheometric) because the 17% increase in fueling you made has compensated for the added air flow through the engine.

AT least, that's how I understand it - I haven't actually tried it yet!

Just to provide an answer for anyone who might have the same question and happens to stumble upon this thread ...

I "locked" my Front and Rear maps together, then went ahead and multiplied each fuel map cell individually (no "global" choice for DDFI 1 & 2) by 15% to start with, then went for a couple hour ride. When I checked the AFV afterward, I was very pleased to find it at 102%. I left well enough alone and several rides later it hadn't changed.

You still need to tune it by dataloging. All you really did was make the closed loop as close to stoich without dataloging and it basically gave a general blanket to the rest of the map which is exactly what the ecm was doing by itself

The method of mulplying the fuel values by the AFV percentage difference is just trying to get you in a safe limit to do data logging without being way too lean to start off with. Because while Datalogging you lock the afv to 100% so It won't change your tuning data. And with a factory narrow band o2 sensor you can only effectively tune the closed loop. The AFV is calculated off of the closed loop operation and it assumes the rest of the map is lean and adds fuel accross the board. Although you might be within a safe limit by multiplying the entire map by the percentage difference, you may have made some places in the map way rich or the transitions on the fuel delivery aren't very smooth. It's important to first get with in a safe AFV and then tune via data logging. To effectively tune the open loop, you would need a wideband 02 setup.

The method of mulplying the fuel values by the AFV percentage difference is just trying to get you in a safe limit to do data logging without being way too lean to start off with
    was für ein blödsinn. was ist wenn der afv kleiner 100 ist? ist dann das gemisch auch zu mager?

Because while Datalogging you lock the afv to 100% so It won't change your tuning data.
    noch so ein schwachsinn. warum sollte man das machen? damit man keine information mehr bekommt, ob sich der afv ändert?

Lol....ich! AFV under 100 is calculating for it already being rich...not as big of an issue. Set Min and Max to 100 only for tuning as to not to chase Afv constantly changing and affecting desired AFRs in open loop. You tune it, get the Afv limits back to normal and afrs dialed in then run it in normal operation. I don't even know why we bother arguing with you...plenty of people have successfully tuned buells using different methods...who the **** cares that it's not your preferred method. or some folks don't even use closed loop and monitor afrs independently...You are just a pretentious prick! Always condescending people with your German babbling!

It's called inferiority disorder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast