Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a gun while riding..

I'm sure most people like myself carry a gun while ridding.. Whether it be uncle holster, inside the waste band, or shoulder holster.. More often than not we carry guns. Sometimes they can be bulky especially in the summer. I'm a small guy so concealing a small auto for me is even a challenge sometime. I was thinking of making a closed and lockable box under my rear seat cowl. Basically using the cowl as the outer shell.. use foam like a small gun case to secure it tightly when closed.. any ideas or have you done anything to help you with this issue.. thanks in advance
    j

I don't carry anymore because of the rules/laws on college campuses in Texas, but when I did on a bike I always preferred the tank bag method. You can get away with a lot in the way of securing it within the bag, it's always pointing away from you and it's accessible at all times. I typically carried a tail bag as well. If I needed to carry things in, holster your sidearm and pack the tank bad with the items from the tail bag and carry it away.

My .02

[edit]

Oh and in my opinion(I'm generally a LnC kinda guy as I carry 1911's) I only carry in this situation with the chamber empty. Should anything go absolutely wrong, a wreck, whatever the weapons only in amber.

You must have a really small gun. My 45 isn't small enough for that., and that will really slow down you ability to use the gun. I would just keep it in a jacket pocket if a holster wouldn't work for you.

If im just riding around I carry my keltec p3at, has a pocket clip so really just looks like I have a pocket knife. Its a very small gun but im not looking to get into a gun fight with it.

It depends on the day for me... sometime I'll carry a p89. Which is a very large full size 9mm. Other days a lc9.. I also have a charter arms mag pug in .357 that's really small that fits nicely under a T-shirt.. I guess I'm just considering the fact If I was to go to a place that didn't alloy concealed carry what would I do with it... I have been in this predicament a few times.. not much room for under the seat on the Cr.. if I decide to go further with this I'll post up pics and what I did.. thanks guys

I would love to see pictures of this if you did go forward with this.

The biggest question isn't really about carrying while riding. It's securing the weapon when you are away from the bike.

Like your example above, where do you leave your gun if you find yourself at the courthouse paying that speeding ticket again?

I wouldn't trust a seat lock, especially if wandering eyes see you put it in there. I also have reservations about putting my taint on a gun while it is being heated and vibrated.

The ninja swords are a nice touch.

I don't carry while riding. I get road rage and I would shoot someone.

Well, maybe not. But I do get road rage bad and it's probably best to just keep the weapons away from me.

I carry a lcp on my ankle, not the most powerful gun but it will work in a pinch.

I've been looking at items like this (Conceal Carry Thigh Bag):

Many styles out there and they don't really advertise you have a weapon.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast