Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a gun while riding..

I don't carry while riding. I get road rage and I would shoot someone.
    Haha, that just may be the soundest piece of good-judgement I've ever heard!
    I also have reservations about putting my taint on a gun while it is being heated and vibrated
    Also a wise consideration!
    I always preferred the tank bag method
    Genuine question for my US friends, do you think a gun packed in this guy's tank bag would have helped him, or caused things to go much worse?

Too bad it's illegal to carry guns in most cases here in Finland... Even getting a gun license is a real pain in the ass job...

And talking about Finnish laws <3 Last summer I jumped on the parking lot with my old 530 EXCr. I had speed around 15mph, and on the air I noticed that police wagon was there wating for me, or something. I didn't bother to driveaway, because I thought that they would just strike a note of warning for me, buuuuuut.... Ended up with lottery ticket worth 480€ (663$)....

My alpinestar jacket has big enough front pockets I can fit my J-frame with no prob. I added an oversized zipper pull(gerber flashlight) and accessing is easy.

I also like this one: Crossfire concealed carrybag.

They have them in other colors too...

I agree, that it might delay my reaction but in reality it's one zipper, which isn't much compared to a pocket, or all the gear some wear when riding. The main reason I don't leave it holstered is in the event of a crash you've got multiple problems. One, it coming loose. Two, if you're wearing it on your hip, imagine the fun it will cause you if it lands between you and the ground.

I like it, it's safe, and I can always holster it once I'm off. The reaction is simply a matter of training.

BTW it's a commander model in an 8L Cortech tank bag. Plenty of room.

Anywhere you put it on the bike or yourself is going to really stink due to your gloves.

If I need 100% concealed I carry an LCP in a pocket holster. If it's a normal day I carry my LC9 in an inside the waist holster.

Here in Texas you can't open carry, but with the waist holster there are times where you shirt could get blown up and expose the back of the gun. Hasn't been an issue yet but if I think I'm going to a place where it could be an issue I just thrown the LCP in a pocket holster.

The inside the waist holster is Uncle Mikes brand and I really love it! Even with a tighter shirt on it barely prints and the draw is 10x faster a pocket draw.

Carry my rifle in a large backpack but i have to keep it broken down to fit.. Not very useful if you are carrying it for actual defense purposes, then again rifles and motorcycles aren't the best mix to begin with.

I carry every day.. never go anywhere without one

I carry every day.. never go anywhere without one
    Same here. I usually carry a Glock 27 on my hip in a Versacarry holster. If I don't have the Glock, I carry a Ruger LCR 357 mag in a Versacarry. I have carried a Ruger LCP in the front pocket of my riding jacket though.

I'd say go with a good quality shoulder rig. I'm looking into that myself since I want to carry at least my .40 or .45 around while riding. Had to settle for carrying the .22 this week at the Dragon VII event.

Either way, when you get to a place that doesn't "allow" concealed carry, the whole point of concealed carry is that nobody knows you have it on you. Worst case scenario, if someone actually does spot it here in MO, the most they can do is ask you to leave. I don't support businesses that have those stupid ass signs anyway, but if I did go in for whatever reason, they'd never know I had it on me until the time came to draw it in self defense.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast