Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a gun while riding..

I pocket carry either a S&W J-frame or Kahr PM-9 when riding to or from the office. I also have a courier bag that has an option to mount a pistol inside it. If I am doing a day trip, I'll put my Sig inside it as it is more comfortable than IWB carry all day.

I carry a S&W M&P Shield 9mm all the time. It's very comfortable even on the bike under my leather jacket. I carry it in an IWB holster on my right hip. My only concern is if I low side on the right that'd hurt like hell. I'm not a fan of leaving firearms in vehicles or bikes. If someone breaks in or steals it it's now theirs. I've never had any issues with it when riding or any other time. I did have to buy new clothing when I started carrying as I'm 6'4" tall and needed longer shirts to conceal comfortably. I buy the duluth long tail t shirts now, they work great. I don't think anyone has ever been able to tell I'm carrying. If they have they didn't say anything or make a face at me lol.

Same here. I usually carry a Glock 27 on my hip in a Versacarry holster. If I don't have the Glock, I carry a Ruger LCR 357 mag in a Versacarry. I have carried a Ruger LCP in the front pocket of my riding jacket though.
    How do you like the Versacarry? I heard mixed reviews, but it seems you have no issues with it.... I have a Glock 26 and 19 that I normally carry.

The biggest question isn't really about carrying while riding. It's securing the weapon when you are away from the bike.

Like your example above, where do you leave your gun if you find yourself at the courthouse paying that speeding ticket again?

I wouldn't trust a seat lock, especially if wandering eyes see you put it in there. I also have reservations about putting my taint on a gun while it is being heated and vibrated.
    Here in Pa, the Courts are required to have lockers to secure your firearm while you conduct business within the courthouse.

Several manufactures make a concealed carry t-shirt (compression type) that allows a light loose over-shirt that puts the firearm in a shoulder holster position. I carry a 1911 Gov model full time except at work (DOD contractor, no firearms allowed, lol) usually in an outside the waist band custom holster by Stoner Holster. plan on using the concealed carry t-shirt with riding jacket. I am also a part time CQB pistol Instructor for a range here in SW Ohio. All my pistols are full size .45's or 9's.

That is a giant, heavy, weapon to carry everyday!!!!

I always carry. I cary an XD 9 service pistol and use a crossbreed holster. Very comfortable in all situations, very unnoticeable, always available, always hot... a gun not in the ready state could cost you valuable time, or your life...

I never have to worry about going anywhere that wouldn't alloy me to carry and I always conceal carry when in civi clothes. I am very much against open carry, not because some of your states allow it, but because you become the first target , highest threat, in a real life bad situation.

Just my .02

That is a giant, heavy, weapon to carry everyday!!!!
    I guess I'm used to it from teaching and carrying all these years. I carry the 1911 or Sig P226 or Jericho 941 and sometimes a Browning Hi Power as a backup. I have used the compression shirt before, just not on a bike and it works very well. The problem is I usually carry 2-3 xtra mags and they can be a little trickier to conceal and still get to quickly. I had a 1911 sidearm in the Corps and it feels right. Old habits are hard to break for Jarheads. LOL. :D

Carry a Sig P238 .380 and I carry it in a little IWB holster on my front. Easy to conceal, comfortable to ride with...I carry condition 1, but guns don't go off unless you pull the trigger and I check mechanical function all the time so I'm not terribly concerned about it next to my junk...lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=687304804661773

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast