Thread: Dyno Day

After a little arm twisting, a friend convinced me to bring my XB12 out to a dyno day event this weekend. I'm pretty new to integrating a dyno into tuning. I just never had the opportunity in the past. Although I've lurked on the forum quite a bit, read a ton and chimed in when I can, probably 30% of the ECMspy write up's are essentially gibberish to me. Within a few hours of getting my ECM cable in the mail, I did already do a TPS reset and poked around a bit in ECMspy happily.

What would you guys recommend I be doing to best utilize a dyno pull? The previous owner of the 2004 12s informed me he had a custom tune on the ECM to go with the D&D Exhaust & K&N. I've never had any ride-ability issues aside from some decel popping on hot days when ridden very hard.

Hhmmm, can't help you at all with setting up but she sure is clean. I myself am going to a Dyno/Open House day here in MD tomorrow at Bob's BMW in Rockville.

-J

You'll want to data log the entire time while your bike is on they dyno. They generally run the bike up to speed and through the gears where you'll be able to get some good part throttle data. Just have them play with the throttle a little while she's sitting on the rollers.

HOWEVER...if you do not have any afr/o2 sensor data (I'm assuming you are running the stock narrowband sensor ) then you aren't going to get much out of it. Not sure what afr data the shop can give you besides the data collected during the normal full throttle max torque/HP runs.

Ben K.