Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle problem

Um, not sure. I'm not a super Guru like most on this forum. Good with a wrench, a mechanic I am not.

There are some manuals you can download at the top and look at the test procedures there.

From your first photo just past the braided wire, look just behind that. There is a gap you can look in the gap between the frame and the header...its sitting right there. Seat needs to be off.

Cheers!

It was my 02 sensor, but it didn't throw a code for about a month or so. I had over filled my oil (stupid) and **** boxed the 02 sensor. Once I replaced it, boom. Magic.
    over filling oil will ruin the sensor? mine was running weird before i tore the motor down and it had 3 quarts of oil in it.

Yea, I overfilled it way past the fill line. Just was in a hurry and shoved some oil in to get to a ride.

Overfilling can do funny things with the pressure in the various lines and jets throughout the engine, but generally a small overfill will do no damage. It causes the ECM to compensate incorrectly. I found a better explanation a while back, but can't find it now.

But drained the oil, and properly filled her to 2.5 quarts. New 02 sensor was needed because ECM was trying to fix the irregularity and made the back run lean when it didn't need to, basically trashing my O2 sensor in the process. Again, there is a better/proper explanation, I'm just paraphrasing.

Cheers!

^^ The only way I can see this as plausible, is if it would push oil out the breather tube and the the engine ingests it through the intake. Even then, it would have to be over an extended period of time. No doubting you may have had a bad O2 sensor, but it was more than likely not caused from too high of an oil level. Too much oil in the swingarm WILL at most make a serious mess, but won't hurt much.

My bike is doing the exact same thing...only when cold and every once in a while.

Intake seals is probable cause pretty sure. Got a lot of help from the buellxb Facebook club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12