Thread: 1125 to a 1190

So EBR sells a kit (jugs, pistons, etc., etc.) that increases the displacement to 1190. Does this require head modifications? Compression ratio? I assume that upgrade to 1190 throttle bodies and injectors are required as most likely an exhaust and ECM re-flash. Am I missing anything to consider? Not doing it just working with it in the dark little recesses of my mind.;)

I believe it's just a big bore kit. The base kit includes the cylinders, pistons, and rings, but requires an ECM reflash. The more expensive kit also includes a full exhaust system and a race ECM.

For the people who think the difference between an 1190 with 185hp and a 1125 with 135hp is just a bore kit youre wrong. EBR says hardly anything is the same on the new engine as they couldnt use the 1125 in its current form cause they didnt own all the rights to it.

Heads, injectors, headers, cooling, jugs, etc are all different. (just wanted to point this out to people who think its the only difference)

However for the purpose of OPs questions.

Yes mrlogix, you would not have to bore the head but to get the best running bike, better injectors, TB, bigger headers, and a new tune along with the kit would give you max power.

Thanks Loki
    The intent of the question was not to 'copy' the 1190 as much as exploring power options. I used to drag race cars in my younger days and the fastest way to increase power was with displacement increases, but there are also ways to do it with a turbo or a supercharger at the expense of long term durability. Doing a little research, I'm not seeing a lot of aftermarket offerings of cams, gears, ignition upgrades, pistons with dome variation/compression ratios, ported heads, etc., etc.

The 1125 to 1190 upgrade kit is a bolt on deal. The guys I know of that have done it have all gone to a full exhaust system. Power ranges from 150-160 HP at the wheel, depending on several variables. If it were me doing the upgrade, I would replace the clutch pack while it's apart, along with the water pump assembly. The stock 1125 throttle bodies will work fine with a re-map of the ecm. AFAIK (from a reliable source) the original displacement was supposed to be 1190 anyway, so the throttle bodies were sized for it accordingly.

The B2 version would have had smaller TB's to get better throttle response (57 mm vs. 61 mm) and more midrange power. We all know how that went because of hd "leadership".

Thanks Dean,
    Just spent time looking through old posts and came across link to Twin Motorcycles and their build ups of Joe Elliott's 1125R. Now offering cams and bottom end kits for stock motor enhancements.

I was just talking to someone last night and mentioned my riding style as 'moderate, but let stupid out of the cage now and then'. That's how I know I'm twisted. Picking up my first Buell this weekend (thanks again Dean) and the little leprechaun in the dark part of my mind is already going 'we could tweak it a wee bit more ya know laddy'...LOL

Ride it as is first so that you have a valid comparison later.

Ride it as is first so that you have a valid comparison later.
    of course. It will take some time to come up with anymore money to make any mods if needed (and the wee one says, HAH, sell the kids, then we can play) I am sure that the bike is more than capable now of exceeding my skill level (ARRRGH, dumbass, we can sell the dogs too, they'll probably worth more than the kids) Excuse me for a moment,...shut up you little evil twerp..(Put a sock in it and just give me the keys)....and the saga continues.....

Just add nitrous (wet system).