Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '03 XB9R TPS Reset Troubles

Hey guys,

I tried doing a TPS reset on my XB9R. I bought a cable online (http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/A9317.html) and a copy of the latest ECMspy. It all connects fine and works fantastic once I have the bike hooked up to my laptop, so I went to do the TPS reset and followed the instructions.

- I backed out the idle screw by the scoop until the voltage stopped dropping (~0.81V)
    - from here I backed out the screw two more turns, and proceeded the snap the throttle open and shut a few times to ensure the throttle plate was closed
    - hit the tps reset button and it did its magic
    - turned the screw back in until it reached about 5.2V-5.3V

Here's where I have trouble. I start my bike up to warm it up so I can set the idle speed and it runs fine for about 30 seconds, and then it eventually stutters and dies. I tried turning the screw in a bit more until the tps voltage was about 5.4V-5.5V but it still won't stay on. I've tried doing the tps reset two more times after that thinking maybe I messed up somewhere in the process but I can't seem to keep my bike on for it to warm up.

Anyone have any ideas on where I might have gone wrong?

back idle adjustment until is at 0*, and then back it off one to two additional turns. open and snap shut the throttle 2-3 times. turn idle speed screw up between 5.2* and 5.6*. run the bike 'til about 270*, set idle to 1050-1100 RPM. done.

download the manual from buellmods.com...the procedure is outlined in section 1.19, pg. 1-45 and or follow the video on the DIY thread, the link is at the top, right of the Buellxb header

I followed a YouTube video and read up on the instructions from the manual as well before I tried it. When i back out the screw until the voltage stops dropping (which is about 0.8V for me) the tps angle reads 0*. At that point I back out two turns and snap the throttle to make sure the plates closed and perform the tps reset. Then after I turn the screw back in to a value of about 5.2*-5.6* I go to start the bike to warm it up to set the idle but it'll stall about 20 to 30 seconds of being on .

ETS problem? startup enrichment endet nach ca. 30 sekunden.

http://www.ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V2.0/i...ns_warm-up.png

kaltstart loggen, link auf runtime log posten.

Here's a copy of my warmup settings ich. I forgot to mention that I haven't tinkered with the ecm settings yet, so its still on the stock settings.

Okay so I managed to do finish TPS reset, but it idles like **** now. When I rev up sometimes it gets stuck at 2000rpm and won't come down.

I also wanted to mention that the tps value after I set the idle was way out of whack and at something like 6 degrees

Sounds like your idle fuel map and decel values might need some adjustment .... are you familiar with how to use EGO to tune your idle values? ...

are you setting it to 5.2 to 5.5 degrees not volts and what is your afv at?

are you setting it to 5.2 to 5.5 degrees not volts and what is your afv at?
    For it to be 5.2 volts it would be WTFO ... lol :D

But really, at 5.5 degrees open it should be around ~0.8 volts ... If you mean about 5.5 percent instead of volts that would make more sense ... I'm not sure how the overview page on ECMspy mono looks but on the regular ECMspy there's a blue meter that goes up as you open the throttle and the percentage is directly underneath it, the degrees is to the left of that, and the TPS voltage output is to the right ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast