Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more drive belts?

Ok so here we are a few days later and things are looking up. Parts Canada (the same as Parts Unlimited it the States ) stocks the Bdl belt. $162 plus tax, free shipping, delivery in under a week, I'm pretty good with that. My only concern is that Bdl specifically says that "1 or "1 1/8 belts are only for show.There's no warranty on them. Comments?

Thanks, Wayne

so much for Harley providing 10 years of warranty, parts and service...

so much for Harley providing 10 years of warranty, parts and service...
    By law, it's only seven, but still....we're not there yet either. I'm not buying all I've read here either....my dealer here in Pa. has had no issues getting whatever I've needed. But....I haven't replaced every part either.

Some time in like 07 or 08 or something they went to a "lifetime belt" (not to be confused with lifetime warranty). I replaced the belt on my 05 just because it looked pretty bad/dry rotted(I still have it) with a new belt(don't recall which but I can look at it tonight) and the belt looked a bit different. I believe what I got was the "lifetime belt". The old belt was smooth textured and the new belt was rough almost like sand or orange peel. Seems stronger/more durable.

I thought they have a life time warranty.
    lol no

The only belts I haven't had to look up were the 1125 belts, otherwise the stock belts are listed on my profile from the resources I found most useful.

Who knows why they really won't warranty them, but I suggest the falcon or the panther, both are great quality belts

An 04+ XB drive belt is the same thing as what is used on a 92(?) to 03 Sportster. Same pitch, same width, same number of teeth.
    Try asking for a belt for a Sporty and I bet you get a completely different answer.

I can't speak as to their compatability with tubers though and the 03 XB's used a weaker belt with a different pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by captain chaos View Post
    An 04+ XB drive belt is the same thing as what is used on a 92(?) to 03 Sportster. Same pitch, same width, same number of teeth.
    Try asking for a belt for a Sporty and I bet you get a completely different answer.

I can't speak as to their compatability with tubers though and the 03 XB's used a weaker belt with a different pitch.
    I saw on this website 2 different Falcon SPC belts 128T 1-1/8", first one part number is 923077 and is sold 169€ (and I already bought it once so I know it fits my 2007 xb12scg) , second one Part Number is 512014 and is sold 219€.

http://www.thebikerstore.eu/product_...th-1-1-8-.html
    http://www.thebikerstore.eu/product_...th-1-1-8-.html

Does anyone knows the difference?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by racepro716 View Post
    Ok so here we are a few days later and things are looking up. Parts Canada (the same as Parts Unlimited it the States ) stocks the Bdl belt. $162 plus tax, free shipping, delivery in under a week, I'm pretty good with that. My only concern is that Bdl specifically says that "1 or "1 1/8 belts are only for show.There's no warranty on them. Comments?

Thanks, Wayne
    pretty sure that is a reference for harley guys, who normally runs 1 1/2 on a big twin..since bulls came with an 1 1/8 it shouldn't be an issue.. a quick call would clarify that...when i went to the bdl site, they showed 3 different belts .. not sure which one is the preferred ...

Just got a belt for my XB12XT from my local HD stealer with out any issues, took a week. Buell part number can be ordered and shipped from US to a Canadian address with out issue. If it’s an HD part number, then you need to order it from a local HD dealer OR provide a photo of your vin and ownership to prove the HD part is going on a Buell.

Barrie HD in Barrie Ontario will take good care of your Buell needs, very Buell friendly. I order most of my parts from St. Paul HD online. Most Canadian HD stealers never sold Buells and want nothing to do with them. They spread untrue rumours about Buell parts. I was told one, “we can order that, but Buell parts take minimum of 8 weeks “

IMO a OEM Buell belt would be the best choice for something that's not even supposed to have a replacement interval, I replace them if a bike is over 50K. Why not? It's cheaper than a tow home, and certainly more convenient. Lunatic could probably chime in with exact numbers of whats left in the system to alleviate the fear of an obsolete part.

I agree with pdksh, lots of HD parts monkeys don't like to work for a living. Much like EBR themselves, go ahead and order it and you'll probably get a call in a week or 2, not 8 weeks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast