Thread: 02 x1 idling issues

As title says my bike doesn't idle for more than 10 seconds or so. First happen when I was riding, out of no where while cruising it would lose power and surge. Giving it gas it would hesitate then start accelerating but running very poorly with noticeably reduced power and as soon as you gave it constant throttle it would happen again. When coming to a stop the rpms would go up and down like its struggling to stay running I'd have to blip the throttle to keep it from dieing. Got it home and let it sit till the next day, now when I start it, it will idle rough for about 10 seconds then rpms get real low and it dies. It starts fine, doesn't have any problems there just won't stay running. it threw an intake sensor code, replaced that and tried a tps rest but it won't idle long enough for me to complete it. The rear header has a good leak at the head would that be a problem? I have ecmspy and the cable but not sure how to use it to diagnose and I'm not sure where to begin the process of finding what the problem is. The battery and swing arm grounds are good and replaced the spark plugs just incase.

That leak at the rear header can throw the O2 sensor readings off quite a bit depending on how bad it is ... ECMspy can show the voltage output of the sensor and show you if it's reading reaaallly rich or rrreeeaallly lean ... either direction will throw off the computer and make it run terrible ... If you look at the EGO correction and see what percentage it's operating (or trying to operate at) if the O2 sensor gets warm enough to function when you crank it that could show you if the bike is trying to add or take away fuel from your map cells ...

Also sounds like one instance where I got some bad gas in my S1 ... dumped that **** out in a hurry and threw some gas in that I knew was good, drained the float bowl and voila ...