Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XB Fighter

Oh, well it looked like there was one in the picture, may just be a shadow but it's a completely different looking color

What's the last 4 of the vin #?

OK...I finally made it home to get a closer look at everything here. The frame is white painted over silver. The vin sticker is transparent and hard to get off without damaging it. You might also be able to see where is has been masked off.

So, I'm going to have no issues what so ever about repainting this one. I apologize for any drama this color caused. The frame color just wasn't my focus since I figured it was all getting repainted anyway. I'm glad you guys are taking a look though. I hope you'll stick with me. This project will take a while.

Been working on several projects for years myself so I understand

I still say it's silver lmao

i can haz nu framez ? :( .... mine haz dent .... no bueno

Yep, obvious respray haha

SEXT9 lets see a picture of the cut of the seat rails if you don't mind. Are you planning to "cap" off of some sort with a light located there?

Also you might want to look into hosting your pictures with photobucket or some other site as the quality (viewable photos on this site) will be much better I've found. Another good thing about it is you can have a main folder with your bike and then sub folders with various sections/stages of the bike, or that is how I do it anyway, makes it easy to keep track of what I did and when I did it. It also gives me access to my pictures from any computer or phone wherever I am.

Example:
    main folder would be "Buell"
    sub folder would be "tail section 5/29/04"
    sub folder would be "03' XB9 frame respray 5/29/04"

Can't wait to see what you come up with this time. I first stumbled across your CR swapped XB through a google search seeing if it had been done before. You are a master craftsmen and do very informative threads/write-ups on the work you have done, so thank you for being a part of this forum and sharing with us all!

I'll look into some picture management. When I started here, I didn't think I'd have so many.

And thanks for the compliment on my work. I just really enjoy tinkering with these bikes. I've been trying to break down the projects into threads instead of clogging up one big bike build thread. So, the tail project is on another thread: Firebolt Seat / Lightning Tail Project

I plan on working with the tail some more tonight. If you're thinking it looks unfinished, you're correct, its not finished. There will be a flat mounting base at the end going between the rails. Once the mounting base is complete this evening. I'll layout the base design on the computer. Then, I plan to use my 3D printer and print the end section for the lighting and plate.

Here's my broke SCG tail rail. Right side, pass peg mount is still good.
    Email or PM me for it. I'd be open to offers but if it saves cutting a rail I'll be happy :)

Here's a little update on this project from over the weekend. I spent most of last week working on the tail end. Over the weekend I also tore into a carbon fiber air box cover I had laying around. I'm working on installing a HyperCharger filter. I doubt it'll perform better. I just like the look.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast