Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser-cut custom heelguards

Hey all.

Made some heelguards at work the other day.

Comments/criticism? Got a better design on mind?
    Interested in getting a pair?

Please comment in the thread..

-mud-

I think they are cool as **** personally!

Laser cut some similar to stock shape, but make em as a sharks head... Buell world, you're welcome

I think they are cool. How easily can they be bent

I think itd be cooler if it was the other way around. Have the knuckles backward and mount at the grip

Hey guys!

WayneBrettzky, how about in the shape of the Buell logo, a stallion? You know, the iron horse
    and all that jazz? Shark? Not bad. Might give it a go.

Omiotek, the guards are 3mm thick brass and I used a brake press to bend them into shape.
    So I think it could be safe to say that the parts bending out of shape is not a very big issue.
    They're just test pieces, but I'm thinking of doing a second run out of 5mm thick brass sheet,
    just to get a little beefier look to them..

TCazes, I know where you're coming from, but someone already sells, or at least used
    to sell a product similar to what you are talking of. There's a pic of them, chromed, somewhere
    around this forum.. Didn't think they really flowed with the design of the bike, so I made mine different.
    I used the outline of the original heelguard as a template for the general shape of these.
    Also, when mounted like this, if you really feel the need to, you can break these off for all
    kinds of neat errmmm... extravehicular activities.

-mud-

I was joking about the shark. I think they're pretty sweet, and my interest will depend on cost... Good work, and thanks for sharing with the rest of us

Those are one of the first heel guards I've ever liked!

I was joking about the shark. I think they're pretty sweet, and my interest will depend on cost... Good work, and thanks for sharing with the rest of us
    WayneBrettzky, Ok I missed the joke, as english is not my first language.. =)
    But on the matter of cost, I'm not looking to turn a profit. I'm just letting you guys
    know, that something like this can be made available with a reasonable cost.
    I've got access to a number of sheet metals in variable thicknesses, but I suppose
    no one want's/needs something like this cut out of 1-inch thick stainless. :D

-mud-

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast