Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For race use only??

EBR sells an ECM for a "stock" setup...

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store...ammed-ecm.html

ebr race ecms require their software to tune, not buell race ecms

Well I suppose I'll look for an ECM and sell this one....anyone know the going rate for one? Or want to scoop it up :)

Yes you can tune an EBR ecm and a factory race use only ecm. I do not know if you can tune an EBR with ECMSPY but there is nothing with the ECM that prevents you from altering the eeprom. Of course they say that to get you to buy their tuning software but I can read and write to an EBR eeprom just fine. Same as stock or a race ecm.

If I was you I would either gut your stock muffler or buy an aftermarket muffler. Why detune? Aftermarket mufflers sound so much better and improve performance. Change muffler and your done. Sell your stock one to recoup some of your costs. Many guys on here buy them to gut and resell.

are you sure it is the stock muffler and not the race muffler? i have the same year bike with k&n and race ecm. my air box is still stock. my exghust valve is gone as well. and i assume that my muffler is the race muffler. mine runs fine. if it aint broke done fix it untill it is. you can tune you ecm, i havnt. just dubble check every thing first. but just dont throw a stock ecm into it thinking it will be better. another example i have is my v-rod. i put a k&n into it, but havnt changed out the pipes or put a tunner on it. it my run a little lean at times but it still runs greats. i did contact a compay about a programable tuner and he actually told me i didnt need one, opposed to every one on a v-rod forum. with that said. if you want to tune it to get alittle more out of it go for it. just be careful on what you change.

Anyone know the differences in looks between stock and race mufflers?

stock has an outlet on the left side race has it on both sides. a hawk exhaust has an exit on both sides but it would be shorter than both the stock and race

Badass! Thanks man... All this learning and it keeps getting better. Bought the bike was told it was stock besides air filter. Now I have a buell race muffler and ECM! Now I know the reason for lack of power down low.

Anyway to gain some low end power back?

Even with a race ecm and exhaust it's still not a perfect tune. If you tune the bike even more it will run better, won't fix the dip in power at 2500 or so but would be better. Most likely your afv is at 110-120 if you tune it you could get it much closer to 100

my advice? do you mean advance? im slightly confused by what you mean?

also by tuning it do you mean take it to the dyno....im not really into spending a million bucks tuning. i do have ecmspy and the cable...possible to find something i can load into the ecm that someone has made to work better with this setup?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast