Hello, Buellers.
After waiting many years for the right opportunity, I am now a proud owner of a 2006 XB12R. She's a beauty, but she came with a nice parting gift. When shifting into 2nd gear, as I slowing release the clutch, the gear doesn't engage. (like it's still in neutral, but it's not) Then if I rev it up it will jerk forward and catch into gear. Bad, I know, I'm not driving it anymore until I fix it. Also while it's in 2nd, the gears locks up and prevents me from shifting into another gear. That is until it re-engages gear. I've spent the last week reading every other thread I could find with related tranny symptoms and from my research, it sounds like it's my shift fork (part# 34157-06). I've already ordered it along with landing some other used transmission parts including a shift drum (see part pic).

So I wanted to ask you kind sir's if one of you wouldn't mind uploading the transmission disassembly steps from the '06 service manual. I've downloaded the provided '05 manual but I understand that has an older transmission as it was updated to the helical-cut from '06 on. (does that even matter?)

From your experience, what special tools do I need, if any?

Plus any helpful advice and tips would be very appreciated!
Thanks