Thread: Oil Leak on top of engine?

Hey fellas. So there seems to be oil profusely leaking from the upper part of the motor. I have no idea where it is coming from or what could be leaking. I have attached some pictures. Also another thing I think could be contributing to the oil leak is the fill plug. Has anyone had any issues with this leaking? Here are the pics.

It seems to be coming from the upper rubber motor mount for some reason. I have no clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whew !! ... Time for some degreaser there !! ... lol ...

On topic, the XB's commonly have the rocker box gaskets spring leaks at some point or another in their lives ... usually it's the rear that goes first on them and it leaks oil all over the fan causing it to short out and throw error codes ... (not to mention making a huge mess on and around the engine itself) ... Since yours is coming from around the rocker box area on that cylinder that would be the first thing I'd point my finger at ... Try cleaning that gunkiness off and seeing where fresh oil comes from first ... Might also look at the grommet around the PCV valve and the breather tube coming off of it just in case it might be clogged up with gunk making it come out around the PCV valve itself ...

And what did you mean by the "fill plug" contributing? ...

Well the oil fill plug wasn't on all the way one ride and it came pouring out. Fail. I'll check around those areas and yeah it looks like the breather tube for the PVC may be blocked. The grommet around the valve definitely leaks

That can contribute to a bit of a mess ... Hahaha