Thread: Fuel Pump Cross Ref Update

Wanted to pass this along to anyone looking to replace their fuel pump. I finished replacing the fuel pump in my 04 XB12S on Sunday. The write up by snrusnak made it very easy. However, the Autozone fuel pump mentioned in the write up was not the right one, which I found out after ordering. Totally different top on the fuel pump (see pic below).

Found an Airtex E2061 at O'Reilly's that matched up and finished installing (see pic below).

Took her for a 40 mile ride Sunday and rode her to work yesterday and today and made a big difference. The original strainer was filthy and the fuel pump was clogged. New fuel pump, strainer, and filter and she is running MUCH spunkier and smoother. The new pump is almost silent compared to my old pump, didn't realize how bad it was getting.

Glad my thread helped you.

Got any pics of the pumps other than the stock photos? There were minor differences in the pump i used but I was able to make it work.

Would the same pump work for an '09 bike? I think I need to replace the pump in my XB12Ss.

Would the same pump work for an '09 bike?
    it will work, but it's slightly different with the tubes used.

After I returned the pump at Autozone and installed the new one I thought that I should have taken some pictures but didn't. The top of the E2366 was black plastic including the tube, instead of the metal tube on the stock pump. Also, instead of the two male connectors there was a single plug with two male pins. It looks like yours had an adapter that mine did not come with. If it had then I probably could have made it work. The E2061 looked nearly identical to the stock pump besides the color. Connectors plugged right in and everything fit. It also had the flanged top to the tube that the other didn't which made me feel a little more comfortable that the hose would stay on under pressure, even with the clamp. The bottom was the same as the original also with the bigger connector for the strainer.

Good to know. it did bug me that I had to monkey with it to get it to fit nicely. I mean the pump is identical but the fittings are mixed around a bit. The strainer was the biggest issue I had.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its actually a walbro 521 in the box. But one in each buell I've had so far and it works great. Of you get the matching brand fuel pump strainer it is much better cause it doesn't have the plastic frame on it like the airtex one has so its easier tonfold up and less likely to tear or get a hole in it once installed.

And cheaper

Also !!! ... Might be a good idea to throw this part number on the "Part compatibility" thread that's floating around in here ... excellent find !! ...