Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine noise, looking for ideas

I recently purchased a 1125CR from a member here with a known engine noise which he provided me with a spare motor to swap mine out with. But the bike just runs way too good for this to be a big issues. Its not burning oil and there was no metallic matter in the oil I took out of the bike upon getting the bike back to my house after a 17 hour round trip drive. In short I can easily swap out the engine with the crated engine and be good to go but if I can figure out whats wrong with its current engine all the better.

Currently the bike has kindof a claking noise while idling but goes away if I rev the bike or while riding under load. It also goes away if I engage the clutch. I took the left side engine cover off already to check the rotor nut and its tight. Im waiting on the tdc locking tool before I can take the rotor off to check behind it.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!

If its going away with clutch engagement I think you found where to look first.

Yea started thinking about that shortly after posting this, was more looking for any indication this might have happened to other 1125 owners and maybe is a common issue with a easy fix. :D

if, and I'm just saying if, it turns out to be minor, what ya going to do with the other motor?:D

If I can fix this engine I will sell the other. Id much rather keep this bike with its original engine then have to swap it out. I do not have documentation on the engine but I was told it had approximately 6k miles on it. For some reason the charging rotor was taken out of it but it turns over fine makes great compression, still had oil in it and crated up when I picked the bike up.

My bike has 4k miles on it and the only mods I can find is a EBR race ecm.

Pulled the clutch assembly and side cover nothing out of the ordinary but the clutch has the standard leak so Ive ordered the new EBR clutch actuator. Anyways I reassembled the bike and cranked her back up to listen closer for the noise and it sounds more on the left side, also not sure if this might be related but when cranking I sometimes get a loud clack so im thinking maybe the starter sprag? Ill be able to dig further into that side once my locking tool gets here from over seas!

Loose rotor nut :D, barely tapped it with my impact and it came off, knocked it back on and cranked her up nothing but the normal rotax engine noise!!

When you say rotor nut are you talking the stator nut or what. Mine makes the exact same noise your talking about.

Yes, the nut that holds the "stator rotor" on. It appeared tight but apparently wasnt tight enough and was also the cause of the starter "clack" I was having.

Huh. Guess mines gonna get a good screwing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast