Thread: 03 xb9s won't turn on anything.

It died while riding. I turn on ignition and nothing comes on as if there wasn't any battery.

I wiggle the bunched up cables underneath the seat that connect to the battey cables and it turned on normal. I put the seat back and ride no more than 10 seconds and it dies again. This time wiggling it won't help.

Before the problem, a few hours earlier it died and turned back on real quick at a stop light.

One of the lights went out and came back on

There is a little corrosion in the battery terminal but I don't think that's the problem since it's started fine.

My problem seems more electrical though I'm no expert.

Inactive
    I wiggle the bunched up cables underneath the seat that connect to the battey cables and it turned on normal. I put the seat back and ride no more than 10 seconds and it dies again.
    you're in the neighborhood where your problem lies. if you don't feel confident enough to track down the problem then save yourself a hell of alot of frustration and get some help. from your own description the problem lies in either the harness directly under the seat.....the plugs for the ecm unit...or the battery cables. it is NOT required to have bike running to diagnose. simply turn on key with run switch off and look for headlight on and needles to sweep. then start wiggling. light off? you found the culprit. also keep in mind the battery terminals and connections must be pristine and tight. start there.

Well I checked the cables and found nothing. The battery fuse needed to be changed. I changed that and so far it's been running good. Now the only problem is that the high beam (dual light mod) doesn't always turn until I start riding. I fear that it might die while ridig again.

Look further into the main wire harness under the seat...cut the wrap around the wire harness carefully and check for frayed or chafe wires. The hardware used on the clamps that hold the battery cables were too long on my bike which almost severed a wire in the harness causing the engine to die. Although there wasn't any visible signs of it on the outside of the harness wrap. Just throwing that out there to consider. If you had to replace a fuse, there's an issue somewhere that needs to be addressed or you'll be changing them often.