Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 XB9S Surges at low speeds 1st-3rd gear.

As the ECM adjusts the rear according to the O2 sensor output, it simply applies a like amount to the front. But if the front fuelling is too lean to begin with, those changes won't be enough.
    Aus dem Grund muss immer auch die Map für den vorderen Zylinder geprüft werden: http://www.ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V2.0/t...shtml#method_4

Aus dem Grund muss immer auch die Map für den vorderen Zylinder geprüft werden: http://www.ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V2.0/tuning.sht ...
    "For that reason, always the map for the front cylinder must be checked"

Yup, no arguement there, Ich. But the reality is most of us, for one reason or another, will never go to the trouble of installing a front O2 sensor.
    A work-around I used which will surely make the purists cringe, was to buy a Xopti (Mike Cobbs') map. On my bike at least, it still seemed a bit lean in the areas of concern, so I overlayed Mikes front map with that of the Buell Race front map and wherever the Race version was richer, I added that to Mikes. I left the Xopti rear and timing maps untouched. The logic being that taking the richest settings of each front map ought to give a reasonably close result. And it has. That motor will chug like a one-lunger from 1400 to 2000 perfectly. 2300-2600 and no load, just the slightest roughness - barely noticable. I'll continue to tweak it at some point bnut for now, really, it's fine.
    An interesting side note: I'll ride to work in the evening when it's still hot and humid and the AFV will assume some number. In the morning, riding home in chilly and dry conditions (Common scenario here in Maine) I can actually feel the fuelling change as the ECM adjusts to the denser, cooler air. It's **** like that which makes these bikes so much fun.

Primary chain slack is good. I will get the plugs you suggested also. How do you check codes on an 03 xb? Thanks.

But the reality is most of us, for one reason or another, will never go to the trouble of installing a front O2 sensor.
    ja, ist klar. warum auch? allah, wirf hirn vom himmel!

On my bike at least, it still seemed a bit lean in the areas of concern, so I overlayed Mikes front map with that of the Buell Race front map and wherever the Race version was richer, I added that to Mikes.
    hirnloses herumfummeln ohne sinn und verstand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12