Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bags/Luggage?

I know, make your jokes, a girl needs her space!

Wondering what people have come up with in the luggage department since the lightning doesn't really have mounting points or anything.

I found this pic online that looks pretty nice but it's like the only one I have found and liked.

I use a set of RKA bags I've had sitting around for a long time. They're square and ugly but get the job done. The new ones are more streamlined. I recommend their product though. They've held up for over a decade and still work great. http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/14g...bue/model.html

Cortech used to have some pretty good soft luggage that worked well on both lightning and firebolt models, as well as 1125's

I purchased the Cortech Sport Saddlebags and tailbag (in blue) in April for the DragonVII event and they worked great on my 03 9s. I've used them twice since, the only problem with them is when is see them I wanna throw them on the bike and take off. Seriously though I rode through a monsoon the last 40 mile coming home from Deals Gap and the rain covers worked great. With the tailbag adjusted right it kinda give some back support also.

I don't have NEARLY that amount of storage... but I like my bags.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...le-Bags-on-scg

Nelson Rigg Sport 40
    Room enough for a dozen do-nuts (in the box) in each, To-go containers (if sealed... they won't sit flat).
    For me, plenty of room for clothes for a trip, snacks, drinks, tools, gloves, jackets, etc for short trips.

Heres one of the pics from my thread...

Inactive
    cortech luggage is fine but alot of choices out there. virtually any semi-round with flat bottom tail bag will work. lashing it down takes a bit of creativeness. best lightning airbox/tank bag i ever found was the cortech deluxe "roamer" bag as well as the dowco day bag. both work fine.

Chevy! I really dig your helmet!!!

I've always just had hard bikes with my bike so I've really got no idea what is out there other than just searching. Didn't know if people had specific advice on what's working for them, etc. Obviously I need something that can handle the weather - thank you Oregon for all the rain. I just LOOOOOOVVVEEE it (sarcasm) - so I wasn't sure which brands I should probably stay away from, etc.

I really like the Cortech Sport luggage. It is rugged, well made and is easy to attach and remove.

That looks really slick! I like it

Chevy! I really dig your helmet!!!

I've always just had hard bikes with my bike so I've really got no idea what is out there other than just searching. Didn't know if people had specific advice on what's working for them, etc. Obviously I need something that can handle the weather - thank you Oregon for all the rain. I just LOOOOOOVVVEEE it (sarcasm) - so I wasn't sure which brands I should probably stay away from, etc.
    Thanks.. probably out of production by now.... FS15 Carbon - came with a red clear/candy... matches PERFECT.

My bags aren't waterproof, but they have covers you can buy for them. (though probably a hassle for daily use). They aren't "soft"... they hold the shape went empty. I think there's a thin plastic shell in all sides but the top.

If you KNOW you won't have a passenger, you can buy a spare seat, gut a large hole in the foam (just the middle of the passenger seat area, not around all the edges), and more securely bolt on the tail bag. Gutting the foam will get you a bunch of extra space as the bottom of the tail bag will droop down instead of being pushed up into your space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast