Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Custom"

This word bothers me, I see it all the time, "custom this! custom that!"... Just to see that its a tail swap, or a color change, maybe a carbon fiber piece. These things, are NOT custom.

Why this loose use of the word bothers me, because I enjoy seeing a true custom build, a fully fabbed tail section, modified single sided swing arms, duel brake rotor rim.

Good examples of custom, purpony tuber- restrofitted mostly yes, but his detail and how he got there BAD ASS! The obvious EricZ- turbo, custom gauges, and been re done a few times. Another turboraven- has the best looking front fairing ever, he attempted the duel rotors, i still wanna see that finished.

Anyways, If it isnt truly custom, dont say it is. A bolt on mod or swap of model parts doesnt make it so!

I'm with you... To me, custom is something that is one-off and unique and usually hand fabricated.

Semantics. But I agree. The word "custom" don't bug me as much as the abundant " my build" threads. I ain't pointing any fingers here. Its on all the bike forums. Bolting on parts does not a build make.

I think they are just terms most use to say " hey, I did something cool to my bike". No harm really. Unless the dude thinks he is the best parts bolter oner ever lol.

@Crash... is my bike worthy of "custom"?

Crash... is my bike worthy of "custom"?
    Seeing as I am the law around this forum....

Nic, you simply have too many bolt on parts. So many ebay parts, makes me sick!
    Ok actually what youve done under the air box is kinda amazing. Great Bike!

Ha ha. At least I know the line. What's wrong with eBay parts? They make great templates.

What really pisses me off is when something is labelled "custom" and it's ****ty work and a hack job. I hate it when people have no attention to detail...

Really, it doesn't matter though, whatever makes people happy. Too many people like things just for the fact they can brag about them and not that they actually like or enjoy them. I've met so many people with sport cars, sport bikes, etc that don't know anything about them, can't ride/drive worth a damn, yet love to brag about them in their drive ways or at gas stations. I knew a guy that bought a Z06 and had no clue what the engine was, how much hp it had, etc. Good god, that's stuff you can read off the sticker lol. And he tried to talk his way through it. Just makes me sad for the car... He went through 4 gearbox's in a couple months because all he knew was to rev it to redline and dump the clutch then couldn't shift worth a damn. GM bought the car back as a lemon because he got an attorney involved. It's a shame that chevy puts out an amazing car and some DB buys it and can't drive worth a damn and is too embarrassed to admit it so the manufacturer gets screwed over it. The world we live in today....

End of rant????

Another turboraven- has the best looking front fairing ever, he attempted the duel rotors, i still wanna see that finished.
    Thx for the props bro. The dual rotors are complete, it's the caliper I haven't gotten to yet. My bike is still town down to the bare frame from the engine build. First order of business when I return from my deployment is to reassemble the bike and get it dyno'd. The caliper is still in the works.

Anymore custom is a word people use to sell **** on craigslist and ebay lol. As for the personal creations that actually have hard work and soul in them, I refer to them as art.

I agree with Nick, I feel the same when someone labels their thread a build, and they have a muffler, a race ecm, and they put on new turn signals.

custom is used to replace, I ****ed it up.I agree to many people taking a hack saw,and chopping their bikes up,and putting a boat fender for the rear fender, and trying to ask more for an old piece of **** bike,becuase they messed it up..
    the words I hate seeing on the adds
    custom
    rare
    vintage

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast