Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Custom"

It still stands that if you bolt on a couple parts it isnt a custom or a build.

Exactly

I thought "custom" was a long established habit or tradition of a society. It's custom for Buell owners to chop the cheese grater.

Haha dean I often ask myself mm should I call my exhaust custom? I mean it is made in this guys garage but he also is now established and a lot of people have his exhaust. Buuut it is ceramic coated. Well he did take my heat shield off too. I mean no one has that or this color ceramic on their 1125. Hahaha. But I do call my bike custom. I think it's safe to say. But I totally agree with you guys. Lack of detail (hacked up put back together). Bolt on ****. Thrown together crap. Cheapest parts everywhere. Isn't custom.

Don't forget the custom touch of duct tape

From a previous thread. If this isn't custom then I don't know what is. I am still jealous :p

THE custom Buell :D

From a previous thread. If this isn't custom then I don't know what is. I am still jealous
    That's more of a "rad rod" IMO. Custom just doesn't seem the right word to described this one lol.

It's meant to mean something someone has added or changed to make it their own
    a lot of builds are using commercial parts that are assembled to a personal taste there for 'custom' in reference to that specific combination.

since the whoredom of use of the word custom, what I like to use is 'hand fabricated' . This implies not only a custom part, but a process of work that is required to make the part and hand fabricated doesn't mean that a machine, bender, metalworking, etc., etc. wasn't used, but that a program running a metalworking machine for mass production wasn't used. Engineered (even if it's a hillbilly with a slide rule like me :D ) means that it was well thought out and mathematically verified before fabrication.

Well I'm sure that there is those who will disagree with me, so let the butt hurt flow.

i say let the butt hurt folks be butt hurt!! dont like the "custom" that someones bike is??? GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!

ive seen bikes (and cars/trucks/etc) that are truely, honestly, 100% "custom"... hand made frame, rebuilt or crate motor, hand rolled and welded fenders and tanks,CNC milled rims... hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars of work and IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A POLISHED PILE OF DOG ****!!

"CUSTOM" is whatever it means to you..the individual.. until you find a way to buy every dictionary company and start a police control state where people 'go away to camp' for using the word against your liking.. it would probably do your blood pressure a good thing to let it go. :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast