Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did u mount your gopro

Looking for ideas to mount my gopro.

Side of helmet or top. I have 2 helmets one for video and one for no video that's me.

I bought the chesty mount when I first bought the bike. I like the view, seeing the arms, hands, and controls. But now I'm planning on moving it to the left side of my helmet. I watch moto vlogs on YouTube and notice the ones that have the helmet in the shot appear more stable, and I think that's just the brain stabilizing the video since the helmet is a stable reference. Maybe not, but that's the line of thought that has convinced me to try the side instead of the chin.

I have two helmet mounts ... Left and top ... (out of the two the top mount actually makes the better of the two wheelie photography IMO)

I have a chesty also but I reserve that one mostly for riding on the dirt bike ...

I have a suction cup mount too for the bike ... sticks pretty damn good to smooth plastics and smooth spots on my gas tanks ...

I'm trying to get a good swingarm mount going but haven't had the time to clean the ever loving **** out of on of my bike's swingarms yet to get it to stick ...

I usually use to run a suction mount on the air box and had 2 steel coated tether wires on it to make sure it didn't accidentally come un-suctioned.

But I found a mount at a camera store that fit into the headlight screw opening. (Holes letting you un-screw the headlight). But it's been blocking my signal light, and it's not as interesting to me as the suction mount. Which I am going back to.

For the rear, I don't have passenger pegs or rails, but I use the bolts to hold in another mount (found at camera store) for the rear.

I use to mount it on the swing arm where my axle sliders were, but over time the mounts would break and the only thing that saved my camera was my steel coated tether wire rig. I even got a metal bracket, but still the plastic on the case would break. The amount of vibration just destroys mounts. Though I never got a metal housing for the camera.

But I found a better solution with my current rear setup.

Cheers!

Thanks for the imput. I have the firebolt, and I am thinking about a bracket (thin angle iron), mounted between the mirror and the fairing, or 2nd idea is where the factory front turn signals mount ( I replaced turn signals with aftermarket ones,and have a roundhead bolt there now) put a threaded insert in there and have a bolt with a small plate welded to it,so it can be removed quick n easy

I use a suction cup with a small extension on it. That gives full view of both hands, dash (speedo, tach, and lights), front view, and some view to the sides. I don't know how it would work on a firebolt, but for the lightning, it's fine.

I have the precision engeneering 1 1/8" bar clamp on lightning with ram mount. Very solid. Works good.

I have a Contour camera, mounting is similar though. Been trying a few different places, one I really like is suction cup to the left side engine case.(haven't edited a vid for that yet) Here is a vid with it mounted more or less under the brake pedel http://youtu.be/VzVH9iz5YsQ Tried suction cup to the airbox cover, but it vibrated to much.

I use this stuff. I have one flat mount and one curved mount I took off the sticky patch that was on the mount and put this stuff on, then i placed a few small patched on my bike and since my bike is black you can hardly see them. This stuff it really strong I have it on the chin of my helmet and can grasp the camera and shake it and the helmet won't fall. But for safety I also made some leashes i can attach to my bike and also the camera. I can get some pictures if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast