Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's hands go numb while riding?

I was having the numb hands issue a lot and after doing some research, I picked up a set of Vibranator bar ends and it's been some of the best money I've spent. It also helped that they make them a couple blocks from my house so I was able to go over and check out the product and the facility for myself before hand. It smoothed out the bars so much. I get some vibration at super low revs but nothing like before and once up to speed it's smooth like butter.

Here's a link to the ones for Buell in case any one is interested;
    http://www.vibranator.com/SearchResu...x=0&Search.y=0

Practice holding on to the bike with your legs so your keeping weight off your arms and wrists. I also weighted my bars and put some dirt bike grips on, now the only time I've had vibration bother me is about 6-7 hours into a long road trip.

Also, evaluate the gloves you are using. I was using a pair of Icon that had stiching that would bunch up in the wrong places and make my hands go numb. I picked up a pair of black leather gloves at a Harley Davidson that really fit me nice and the numbing went away. They also make gloves with gel pads in the palms.

Your core holds your body up, your hands should not be holding you up.

Once I added the TechSpec gripster frame and airbox grips, I found it a lot easier to use my core and loosen up my arms.

I found myself gripping too hard at times( death grip ) and loosening my grip helped. I ride a Uly and have 2" bar risers, makes it feel more "dirt bike" stance and my hand will go numb sometimes. I also installed a throttle lock so I can take hand off one at a time and hold low to allow blood to flow-that helps the most. Usually 10 to 20 seconds clears them up and then you can go at it some more.

Lots of good suggestions, bar end weights, and practice relax grip. Hows your tire condition and suspension dialed in?
    My front tire cups funny on the tread, no matter how frequent I check air, an I noticed while I was riding with just one hand relax grip, and I watched how much the front bounced around, and the bumpy holey roads in nashville.

what they said, you shouldn't have all your weight on your arms. Should be split pretty evenly between arms, legs, and butt. I can ride my xb9r all day with minimal discomfort, but I have made a few changes. I'm 6'4" so the pegs are what killed me the most. Really took a toll on my knees. I put the lightning/ulysses pegs on my bolt which I believe gives a 1" drop and it made a world of difference. Also I bought slip on foam grip covers which are softer and also increase the diameter of the bars so are easier on your hands/wrists. Most recently I bought a comfy seat which helps a lot. The pegs were the biggest thing for me though. My left wrist/hand will get sore sometimes because I had surgery on that hand a few years ago and with the clutch pull it just sort of wears out my wrist quickly. Luckily I can just leave it in 5th gear and go lmao.

Gloves. Not all gloves are created equally. Sizes, stitching quality, fitment and comfort levels vary. I found that upgrading my gloves completely eliminated numbing. Stay away from sport oriented gloves. Look into soft, padded, leather gloves for big cruisers. Yes your XB9r has a sporty sitting position, but a 600cc or liter bike rider will never experience even 1/4 the vibration your Buell makes. Therefore, you cannot expect gloves intended for a sportbike bike to be effective on your Buell.

At speed the handlebars on your xb should not vibrate much more than any other bike. In my experience you experience much vibration at idle, but that quickly dissipates as the engine revs into cruising range. Depending in the ride, stop & start/highway gloves may or may not help.

I would assume the issue is posture related as stated previously. I have tec-spec tank grips on my 1125 and I love the **** out I them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast