Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's hands go numb while riding?

I have an XB9R Firebolt, so I'm leaning over a bit more than I'd like. By the time I get to work on my 12 mile commute, my hands are tingling and going numb. Anyone else have this issue and, is there any way to alleviate it?

Same here but i have a xb12ss but mine go numb like within 10 mins

It sounds like there's too much weight on your wrists. Raising the bars (and lowering the foot-pegs) is a classic way of taking some weight off the wrists. There's trade-offs. If you do the pegs, you'll lose a little cornering clearance. Raising the bars could interfere with the fairing.

Alan

All the more reason to get me a Lightening...

Your core holds your body up, your hands should not be holding you up.

Your core holds your body up, your hands should not be holding you up.
    this

try changing your riding posture, center your weight. also what has really helped me is the driven d3 grips. they prevent a lot of vibration in the bars that I believe helps the numbness occur quicker. the best 20 bucks I spent was on a cramp buster. it allows you to relax your hand while throttling, and while cruising you can more easily center your weight to get the weight off of your wrists and hands.

I have a xb9sx and i have tried everything.....i love the buells and dont wanna trade.....but i think a dumb cruiser might be the way. but i can handle it for about an hour at a time so im in it for the win

I was talking to a coworker about this the other day and he said his hands do the same thing on his Road King.

As for as your car holding you up, I can't agree with that statement. Geometry is geometry. If your leaning forwards, your going to have weight on your hands and wrists. Not really any way around that. And how are you supposed to shift your weight back?

I know it sucks getting old, didn't used to feel like this but, that was 30 pounds ago too :D

On my stock-position 9R, I have no problem using my core to keep weight off my wrists.

Bar-end weights or bar-end mirrors do a LOT in reducing vibration. Also dont keep a death grip on the bars. Relax, do some planks and workout your core (hips, abs, lower back) on a regular basis.

As for shifting your weight back and forth ... use your feet to lift and move you. Using your hands on the bars can cause you to inadvertently countersteer if you hit a bump while moving...then WHAM! into the asphalt you go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast