Thread: 07 xb12s Backfire misses dies Intermittently 2700-3000RPM

I have had my Xb12s since February and when I bought it, it ran great. In April, I noticed that it would surge a little bit while cruising at 65 MPH in 5th. I thought it may be a tuning issue because I was on a stock tune with a K&N and custom exhaust (Seller said he opened it up and removed a section of pipe inside). I flashed a race map to the ECM and tried that for a bit, and it seemed better. Then it began backfiring at 2700-3000 RPM intermittently and sometimes died, and it mostly occurred when cold. Sometimes it was completely unrideable. I have since changed plugs to the NGK Iridium 9, swapped intake seals to genuine James, put Ironmachine plug wires on, ran sea foam through the fuel system, checked all grounds, bought a tender to keep the battery voltage good, done multiple TPS resets and AFV 100 set, worked with ECMspy to add fuel in those ranges per GB's instructions, done a breather reroute, and I am not sure where to go from here. I ordered a new Drummer exhaust to replace the homemade gut-job I got with the bike, but it'll be a while they said. I have ran diagnostics on everything, and I have no codes, but still it intermittently decides to buck and backfire in the 2700-3000 range. I plan on getting a custom tune when the Drummer gets here, and I am hoping that fixes it. Meanwhile I really need to enjoy this summer on this bike, and the issue makes it unrideable. I have an irrational fear of letting the HD dealer touch my bike, but if I have to I will. Any ideas?

Inactive
    Any ideas?
    a few.
    bad ecm...faulty ecm plugs(check by wiggling with warm motor running).....faulty coil that flares up upon heat-soak.

Inactive
    and no more tps resets. isn't doing a thing to resolve your problem.

I checked the plugs and they look good. I think I remember at one point wiggling the ECM while it was having a really bad cold start idle session and it died, but I could not definitively say it was from me or not. I thought about getting an EBR ECM, but I want to be able to use ECMspy and not have to take it to the dealer. The coil, I have not thought of yet.

Okay, so I warmed up the bike for about 5 minutes and revved past the 2700-3000 range and everything seemed good. I went for a ride and got about 1 mile from my house and the problem happened again. I took it home, and shook the ECM and wires and everything around it, and it didn't do anything. I also wiggled the cam position sensor wire on a hunch and nothing. Then I started revving it up again after the bike was hot and fan was on, no issue. I took it out again and it rode great. I think it only happens when the bike is not hot, but it takes entirely too long to heat the bike up to that point. I really don't want to have to get rid of this bike, but I need it to be more reliable.

Any update on this? I have an 06 xb12 with a similar issue

Really, from 2014 ?