Thread: So much worse than I though!!!

Well I just bought this 1125cr about two weeks ago and the exhaust was wrapped and it has this pos homemade job on it. Thanks to another memver I should have a stock exhaust on the way soon, a men for that. Now after I decided to dig a little today I found another underlying problem. Instead of clamping the homemade exhaust on the previous owner decided to weld it directly on.

Now I need new headers as well, anyone with an extra set that can let them go CHEAP please hit me up! Funds are tight as I still have to pay taxes and title it. not to mention I have to try and buy the house I am currently in at the end of this month or next month I have to move out. Plus this is now my daily driver since I work 35 miles away from home. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cut the old headers off and grind down the old welds.

I was thinking the same and maybe just ceramic coat the headers to cover up the imperfections. I'm just not sure it can be done.

I have a set of ceramic coated headers, but they're not exactly cheap, I keep one set on hand for an exchange program similar to what ASB used to do.

Check ebay theres several on there right now.... Even the dingy ones on craigslist will clean up nicely. Mine were pretty dirty when I got the bike but about an hour with some 1500 and 2000 grit paper and they shine like chrome!

Wow if that guy did a hack job like that I'd be checking every single nut and bolt on the bike, just for insurance.

Wow if that guy did a hack job like that I'd be checking every single nut and bolt on the bike, just for insurance.
    Yeah....I find it totally amazing (AND disgusting), when I see someone take a perfectly fine piece of equipment and screw it up like that. I DO understand not everyone can afford all that's out there, but then in that case....LEAVE IT ALONE and save up until you CAN do it! Shhez...don't screw it up!!

:(

I can only imagine that thing sounds like a woolly mamoth farting through a wet paper towel :(

My exhaust shows it'll be in today so ill ship out the oem can to you tomorrow!

Now that was funny!