Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The difference between the XBS models?

I have always been a Firebolt guy, but i am being drawn closer and closer to the XBS. Can anyone provide me with the differences in the models? Pictures would also be absolutely appreciated!!!

Also, I'll finally be getting my bike back this winter, so if anyone is in Northern Texas or Southern Oklahoma near Witchita Falls I'd love to get together and ride! Not many Buells around here.

Yea, a little googling will give you all the answers you need but in general, the 'S' models have a more upright riding position & more legroom than the 'R' due to their tubular handlebars & dropped pegs.

Basically, the 03 XB9S with some upgraded parts and love is the most kick ass one out there :-)

At least that's how I feel being the owner of an 03

Haha

I am a new motorcycle rider and am looking at buying a Buell for my first bike because I love the style of them and I have read many good reviews. From what I have read they seem really fun, reliable, and control well. I am looking at the XB series, but I have noticed that most are around the 900cc range, which scares me a little because I do not want a huge bike I won't be able to control. I am 21 years of age and 5' 8" tall. Would these bikes be one you would recommend?

I am a new motorcycle rider and am looking at buying a Buell for my first bike because I love the style of them andÂ* Â* Â*I have read many good reviews. From what I have read they seem really fun, reliable, and control well. I am looking at the XB series, but I have noticed that most are around the 900cc range, which scares me a little because I do not want a huge bike I won't be able to control. I am 21 years of age andÂ* 5' 8" tall. Would these bikes be one you would recommend?
    The XB series in general are not large bikes and the handling is the best I've ever experienced. I'm 5'7" with a short inseam and handle my 9SX easily. I'm never an advocate of people starting on something of this size engine size but if you're set on an XB, the 9's are a great start. They're not big top speed runners but are very powerful in the torque department. Usually it comes down to personal control. If you can exercise some respect with the bike and don't try to be one of these MotoGP wannabes you see on the street, you'll be rewarded with an amazing ride unlike anything else out there. Take your time to learn the bike and practice and you should come out fine. Also understand that the Buell's take a little different approach to ownership. I'd say the majority of us on here don't mind doing our own wrenching on our bikes and it's definitely something I would say is almost a prerequisite to owning one. Are you comfortable with your mechanical ability? Not something most people worry about with other bikes but It's almost like a second hobby to a lot of us here. You should be at least comfortable with basics such as oil, spark plugs and have a metric and standard set of tools.

As I said before, they're different from any other bike I've ever owned but if you treat them right, spend the time with the bike both riding and maintenance wise, you'll build a strong bond with it and it will reward you for years to come with unreal riding experiences. Good luck on the search.

Thank you so much Enemy Zero, that really helps a lot. I have always been around engines with my dad since I was a kid so I am pretty comfortable with my mechanic skills and just to be sure I'm sure I will study some more on specifics with the bike itself. Thanks again!

Dont be decived by the 900cc and 1200cc rating. These are juiced up Harley engines, so the acceleration of the 1200 will be about equal to a 600 Japo up to 100mph. Im glad I chose the 12 as the power is not too much to handle yet its enough to keep me happy without wanting more.

There are far better choices for a first bike than an XB, 9 or 12. 500cc is ideal for learning because it's got adequate power without being overwhelming, it's light enough that you can focus on technique rather than wrestling with the bike, & it's inexpensive enough you won't cry when you dump it.

If you still decide to get an XB, be prepared for a longer learning curve than you'd have on a more appropriate starter bike.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Im still looking, so Im not dead set on an XB. I just really like the style of the bike and wanted to know a little more about it from current or previous owners.

Thank again for all the advice, will take into much consideration!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast