Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SX specs and pricing released

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/ebr-...rice-released/

$16,995 doesn't seem too bad to me.

I'm impressed they shaved two grand off of it without removing anything but bodywork. Kudos!

They should put out some frost bite white RX's. That white is sexy.

Bah. Same gearing. I'm assuming they have the same wheelbase? Both the RX and SX total length are listed at 80.3in. I didn't see a listing for the wheelbase of the RX on ebr's site. But I think I remember it being the same 55.5 that the SX is listed at.

goose, its the same bike just with less bodywork. Why would you think the wheelbase would be different? It wasnt different between the R and CR either.

On the gearing side, I havent seen anything listed about that, I think that should be larger rear just like the CR has.

goose, its the same bike just with less bodywork. Why would you think the wheelbase would be different? It wasnt different between the R and CR either.

On the gearing side, I havent seen anything listed about that, I think that should be larger rear just like the CR has.
    Yes I realize it is identical to the RX. I was expecting the same subtle differences as between the R and Cr. Unless I am mistaken the cr has a slightly shorter wheelbase. And yes as for the gearing I was reading the wrong thing. There is no mention of final drive.

The bodywork is MAYBE $1k worth of it. The other part is volume production. 1k 1190 RX models hit one price point, 2k of them drops the price by $1k total just due to volume alone. Take off more for the cheaper body panels (or lack thereof) and you get it priced better. I can see the RX price dropping as well later on.

As far as the gearing thing goes, trust me when I tell you, it will be plenty fast enough without dropping a tooth up front or adding 4 in the back. Add the upright seating and taller/wider bars, it will wheelie like a damn fool riding it. I'm worried enough about looping my RX, the SX would be even worse, especially if you're even somewhat ham fisted with the throttle.

I'm sure they will release some varying models that may be road or city-oriented, like the XB's, but it's only a matter of time.

direct conversion $16,995.00 USD = $19,365.06 NZD

but i'm told by the time it reaches New Zealand it will be in the late $20's.

will be round $28,000 mark after shipping, tax, compliance and registration costs.

in this regard it sucks to be so far away in New Zealand but a bonus is our roads are made for Buell's :D

Add the upright seating and taller/wider bars, it will wheelie like a damn fool riding it. I'm worried enough about looping my RX, the SX would be even worse,

:D:D:D:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast