Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastidipped the Buell

Was not a big fan of the cherry bomb red on my XB12SS 2009 except for the wheels. Like the new look. :)

I've got some scratched up kick ash plastics I'll trade you for the red :D

Man, that came out pretty damn nice!
    I'm curious as to how well it's going to hold up To the heat and general wear and tear of riding?

I plasti-dipped my body panels last year. It held up pretty well except for the airbox cover where it meets the seat and frame. The rubbing of my knee against it caused the plastidip caused it to start peeling. I wanted a temporary finish a the time. It worked great for that.

You should of plasti dipped the backside of the plastics they look black but in the sun there is a hint of red

Mine lasted 3 Weeks, at least on the airbox, until I let a dude sit on it and his belt buckle scratched the plastidip. Went ahead and peeled it off after that.

Is your frame done too???

Me? If so, no it's the stock 09 frame.

Looks good. How many coats of plastidip did you apply and did you use any adhesion promoter?

Did not use adhesion promoter. Just washed with window cleaner. I did 4 layers on the already black surfaces and 5 6 on the red ones.

Frame is stock paint except the bar where the seat sits that I plastidip. Dip the forks also...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast