Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbocharged Buell Blast

Dope! Let's see the dyno!

This is awesome! I tip my garage builder hat to you sir.

progress? this is awesome!

There is progress! I'm sorry it took so long to post - life went berserk, work got busy, and the bikes had to sit on the back burner for a while.

First video - sorry it's in the dark, but I only had a little bit of time to get it running. Idle is high because it was about 28*F when I took the video, and if I pulled the idle, the bike would die (bike/carb wasn't warmed up enough!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8lNMWw7nqw

I have a second one that I'm going to post up, you can see stuff better. Long & Short of it - added a scavenge pump, made an oil drain reservoir with a vent tube for the turbocharger, added a fuel pump & adjustable regulator, tapped the cam cover for the oil return, and did a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm probably forgetting.

Now the oil leaks are all gone (I think!), it doesn't spray oil out of the turbine housing, and it doesn't go crazy lean at throttle (it was blowing gas out of the bowl in the carb). Just gotta get it tuned up, get a few other things figured out, and I'll be ready to rock!

Dyno will be a ways away - I need to get it running well before I even consider trying for bragging rights!

-Brad

Ok, YouTube finally finished "processing" the video I had uploaded, so here's part 3 as promised.

I know I have some rubber lines hanging all over the place - one is a vent line from the drain reservoir that I need to put a filter on, another is the PCV catch can drain - all of them need to be shortened and routed to their final homes. I'm trying to get the major pieces in place and working before I worry about the final details!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfkbYvPUDM

-Brad

Get up on that thing. I want to see what it sounds like under load!n:D

It has a little whistle under light throttle/cruise. I haven't gotten it tuned yet, but I have the right jet (I think!) for it, and I'm going to swap it out in the next day or so. The hard part will be getting some time to test it (straight pipe after the turbo, don't want to annoy the neighbors by running it late).

But yeah, I'll keep everyone posted as time progresses!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12