Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in line fan switch

Has anyone put an inline fan switch on their buell.. all of mine have had the fans running even after turning the bike off.. I would like to install a switch inline to be able to shut it off as I please. I have done this before on all my race atvs but just don't know where to put it inline at with the buells.. current bike is an 09 1125cr.. thanks

Good idea! I'd like to be able to turn the fan off for a moment while starting the bike; for those times when the battery is a little bit down on cranking power.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think unplugging the fan may cause a cel. I think the ecm needs to see some load when it turns on the fan. One way to find out for sure...

I wouldn't unplug it.. just put a switch inline. So it can still function as normal. Just when I'm going down the interstate there shouldn't be a need for it to be on.. and also e hen I shut the bike off it usually runs from another 3 to 5 min after being shut down.. very annoying..

if you disconnect/break the connection to the fan the check engine light will come on. I believe if you put the switch on the positive side it may not but I haven't tested it but it may only come on if it doesn't detect a ground. Trial and error i suppose

I'd assume the engineers at Buell , probably have it setup that way for a reason...

I'd assume the engineers at Buell , probably have it setup that way for a reason...
    yeah, I would hold off and think about for a moment....

Since I have been running the EBR ECM the fan behaves different. When the bike is turned off, the fan is off. That's on an XB though, IDK if it applies to the 1125s. I'm assuming there is some way to adjust the fan behaviour through the ECM though.

my 1125 runs the fans when the bike is shut off until the coolant temp falls below the set point in the ecm or 2 mins which ever is shorter

If you don't already have one. I would just recommend getting the uly scoop. Cheap. Highly functional. Not perfect aesthetically but o well and i would think you should be happy hearing your fan doing its job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast