, output, drops, lights, morning, reach, issue, strange, 3500rpm, gauge, nattery, charge, miles, static, lighting, starts, 12.9v" /> '08 1125R electrical question

Thread: '08 1125R electrical question

I have an '08 1125r with 2000 miles on it.

Had an strange issue start this morning. When I reach 3500RPM, gauge lighting starts to flash.

Static nattery charge is 12.9V. Start bike and at idle it goes to 13.5. Increase idle to approx 3500 and lights start to flash and charging output drops a little.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Is it the gauge back lightning or the needle rev-limit light? Till the bike is in gear and warm the needle with light up if the bike is revved.

Cosworth...Gauge back lighting.

Then it sounds like a charging issue... Im not aware of a common problem that causes this on the 08 1125's. The 12.9 static battery charge is fine but the idling voltage seems low and should only go up with increased revs. Id be curious about the voltage regulator but generally they overcharge before going the otherway.

That being said if you havent located or downloaded the manual for the 1125 then do so and start running through section 3.3 charging system diagnosis. It has the tests you need to run.

And as always check your grounds!!

And as always check your grounds!!

Thanks guys!

I have been on this site before, but this is the first time that I am posting a question. So well here is that question, I Have a 08 Buell 1125r that keeps popping the light fuse. Here is the situation I was leaving work and one light was not working, (I just thought my bulb went out) I was riding home when I got off the highway and when all of the sudden there was a bright flash of light. My head lights were out. The next day I went to change the fuse and I kept popping, But now the the bike will not start, the relay still clicks, I have all lights, turn signals, break light, running lights and also the horn works. But I have no starter engagement. I replaced the starter relay and still the no engagement of the starter. I was told that it could be a starter brush may have broken off and is causing it to short out. I was thinking that my be a good start since I wont have to remove all the plastics front and back to check the wiring. I was also thinking that it could also be my ignition switch.
    Anybody have a clue, and if so can you help me out.

Thanks
    J. Mares

These are notorious for the wires breaking at the base of the ignition switch. I would start there.

Thanks I will check there first, I was missing a bolt from the switch sometime earlier this year, and it was hanging down low after a ride.

Jim