Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning: afrBins2 table correct?

Update. Changed the afrBins to match the values in the ECM tuning guide. I've also been thinking about the front and rear maps, since I don't yet have the ability to catalog the front. I've read several places to copy the tuned rear map to the front or copy the tuned rear to the front and add 2 or 3 to each cell. Doesn't seem to make any sense since the stock and race maps are not set up this way. I have been playing with the race map in excel and found the factor each rear cell has to be multiplied by to get the value in the corresponding cell on the front map. Would it make sense to take the tuned rear map and apply these factors to get a tuned front map?

You will likely get varying advice on this. My opinion is, that would be better than blindly adding a fixed value to each cell, though of course still not ideal. You should be able to discern whether your driveability got better or worse as you ride it. Just don't change too many things at once.

Quote Originally Posted by mriulvr
    Changed the afrBins to match the values in the ECM tuning guide.
    Are you referring to this screenshot: "Figure 37 AFR targets used for project."?
    If so, you may already know this, but that Default AFR map doesn't match any of the race or stock values I have seen for the Calibration Mode (Closed Loop Learn) region upper boundary. Starting at 5000/60 and higher loads, that AFR map declines from 14.7. But the default eeprom CLL upper boundary extends to 5000/90.

Unless you plan to abandon your O2 sensor after tuning, you want your afrbins to have 14.7 in the areas that encompass the Closed Loop Learn, and Closed Loop (CL) Idle regions in your eeprom image. Having smoothing on the borders of the CL regions is ok, but inside CLL, it needs to be 14.7.

Now if you're like me and don't spend much time cruising at that RPM, don't worry about it and leave it as-is. But I suppose some do which is why it's part of the AFV calculation. I'm mainly sharing this for education purposes since you seem to be in the thick of this and enjoying it!

I have been playing with the race map in excel and found the factor each rear cell has to be multiplied by to get the value in the corresponding cell on the front map. Would it make sense to take the tuned rear map and apply these factors to get a tuned front map?
    i created spreadsheets many years ago that automated this process. i believe Xopti made some minor changes and still has them on his site.

you plug in your map and it calculates the front for you. while this is not the BEST way to do it, its a safe assumption to use a ratio multiplier to determine a decent front map. I have put many miles on both methods and it doesnt feel really all that different.

im in the process of retuning now (although its not too frequent i mess with it) since i installed the lightened bottom end. there is quite a dramatic difference in the tuning now, but im getting close.

gbalias, I feel you about the heat but luckily the humidity isn't as bad up here in Fort Worth. I think I downloaded them but didn't realize they were for generating fuel maps for the front. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the one I did.

ReadyXB, I used figure 19 on page 31 of the V.2 tuning guide to adjust the afrBins.

I'm not on my computer with MLV or I would post the actual afrBin I am using but it matches the values in figure 19 for now. I think I am getting close with the tune as VE analyzer is changing fewer cells and the changes are becoming smaller. Once I get that done I am going to compare the front fuel map I came up with, the add 2 or 3 map, and one from the spreadsheet gbalias mentioned to see what differences I notice.

This has been very interesting. The race map for my 04XB12S was off by a good bit. This has been good practice for when I get the LC-1 ordered and installed so I can get a better tune on the rear and actually datalog and tune the front. Great stuff gents.

Oh, ehrwürdiger Meister, bitte sagen Sie mir: Wie wollen Sie mit einem Standard-O2-Sensor im geschlossenen Regelkreis eine andere Mischung als die stöchiometrische einstellen? Bitte erleuchte mich, ich will nicht dumm sterben!

Ohne als herablassend, können die afrbins in MLV eingestellt werden und dann als Teil des Kraftstoff Karte gespeichert. Ich habe nicht behauptet, dass mit dem Standard-O2-Sensor, der die Datenaufzeichnung der Lage wäre, für alles andere als stöchiometrische einzustellen. Die afrBins, die mit dem Rennen der Karte waren, und der Standard afr in MLV nicht stöchiometrischen im geschlossenen Regelkreis, so dass ich sie auf 14,7 und in der Lage sein, die Vorteile der vollen Palette von sowohl Kraftstoff Karten nehmen, sobald ich ein breites Band Sensor. Haben Sie nicht genug als Kind umarmt? Ich mache viel gelesen und bin ziemlich früh in der Lernkurve, aber haben eine starke Mathematik Hintergrund, so viel davon macht einen Sinn. Wenn ich tatsächlich den Anspruch sind Sie schlug dann vielleicht würden Sie etwas angehen müssen, das ist eine kleine Klasse würde schmackhafter zu machen.

Inactive
    how the hell is this ich bastard still allowed access to our site?

Ohne als herablassend, können die afrbins in MLV eingestellt werden und dann als Teil des Kraftstoff Karte gespeichert.
    Und? Was hilft das weiter?
    Die afrBins, die mit dem Rennen der Karte waren, und der Standard afr in MLV nicht stöchiometrischen im geschlossenen Regelkreis, so dass ich sie auf 14,7 und in der Lage sein, die Vorteile der vollen Palette von sowohl Kraftstoff Karten nehmen, sobald ich ein breites Band Sensor.
    ??? Was soll das bedeuten? Dass man mit einem Breitbandsensor und im Open Loop jeden Wert einstellen kann? Das ist nicht neu. Warum dann die Frage nach der Closed Loop Region? In der IST das Gemisch IMMER stöchiometrisch. Unabhängig davon, welche Zahl in der map eingetragen ist.
    Ich mache viel gelesen und bin ziemlich früh in der Lernkurve, aber haben eine starke Mathematik Hintergrund
    Ah, das erklärt vieles. Ein Mathematiker also ... Wie fängt ein Mathematiker eine Herde Kühe? Er wickelt sich in Stacheldraht und definiert sich als "draussen". So viel dazu.

how the hell is this ich bastard still allowed access to our site?
    Warum ist es in diesem Forum erlaubt, so viel Scheisse zu schreiben? Von Leuten, die nicht den Hauch einer Ahnung von dem haben, worüber sie schreiben?

See I told you...he's infamous!! Lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast