Thread: Oil Drips

The other day I was riding quite a few long wheelies at balance point on my CR and i noticed some oil on the top of my clutch cover. It looks like the oil is coming out of the weep hole on the back of the water pump right behind the rear header. I have seen people that say that coolant will leak out of this hole when the seal in the water pump goes. Has anyone experienced oil coming out of this hole? Since then I have rode my bike over a 1000 miles with no more drips and I have even done a few wheelies.

There have been one or two others who've cited this before on 1125's. In both cases it only happened when really working the engine. There is a seal between the pump impeller and the oil side of the engine so I suppose its possible for oil to get by this seal. If it was just a drip or two id keep a close eye on it and your engine fluids. One person even took a piece of paper towel and tapped it over the hole rode it hard for awhile to verify the fluid and if that was where it was coming from.

Yeah it was only a couple drips and at the time I was working the engine quite hard. Since then I have not seen any more oil.