Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Hey! Nice Buell!"

The only people that have ever recognized my bike were hairy old men.
    maybe it's not the bike, maybe it's just you. lol

The most memorable one for me was right after I had painted it and was riding around down in the Old Market of Omaha. I was playing on my phone in front of my bike and I hear a guy make a comment about it to the girl he's with (something like "I wonder who's it is"), then the woman says "maybe it's his?" and points to me. I never look up from my phone and say YEP, then I look up and it's Stephen (RedWhiteandBuell).

At least your bike got recognized for what it is. I get asked an average of 3-5 times a ride "what kind of ducati is that?" despite the fact it says Buell on the airbox and I have my Buell jacket on lol.

I feel your pain Jay. The worst is like, oh it's just a crotch rocket made by Harley... Almost lost my mind.

I never got a whole lot of recognition on my Buell either, but it's the BMWs I've owned that receive some of the most ignorant responses. You'd be surprised how many folks say something like "oh, how funny, you glued BMW emblems to your motorcycle!?".

Ever since I put white plastics and engine guards on my Uly, it gets mistaken for a BMW.

Was at a meet in Boyer WV. One of the guys I know brought his girlfriend. While having a conversation with her, him and my wife, the girlfriend pipes up and says, "Every time I see a Buell Ulysses it always looks like it wants to f#ck something....."
    We all just sat there for a moment and then I started to laugh. Thanks for the compliment.... Funny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12