Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trying to decide

I managed to break the left side mirror on my 1125R. Trying to decide if I want to just replace, or change the front flashers to surface mount and put on some handlebar end mirrors. Does any one have pictures of their bike with this type of mirrors? Dean had a custom lettering (sticker? looks like glass etching) that read "objects in mirror are losing" on the right mirror. Hate to lose that. Maybe have it etched on new mirrors if I switch them out. Thought's? :)

My xb9 has bar end mirrors they look pretty cool but pretty near useless compared to the 1125 mirrors. I am honestly thinking about putting the stock mickey mouse ears back on. Of course I always check whats around me but actually seeing things in the mirrors is pretty darn nice.

Function over form

Also that etching is probably just a sticker, google "objects in mirror are probably losing" and you'll see tons of em.

You can get the sticker on your mirror off eBay. I would suggest re-wiring your outer running lights as your signals and going with a different set of mirrors whether bar end or not. The stock mirrors are expensive to replace and mine fold back at 110+.

I personally think the 1125 looks funky with bar ends. Kind of like a retarded manta ray. Never seen it in person but from the pictures I have seen I have yet to find a setup that I really like

****ery

They do look kinda retarted, so do the CR mirrors. But you can see everything!

I like the look of bar ends but they dont function all that well.

Maybe get yourself a cheap set of bar ends just to see how you like em. All over ebay for 15-50 bucks

LOL..I wasn't sure about the bar end mirrors, that is why I asked if anyone had pictures. Don't really want to increase the width of the bike. Just haven't decided on what to do. Don't really like the "Mickey Mouse ears" either.

Yes, ****ery. LOL.....:D

Thanks, Cos. I was thinking more like the mirrors that curve back under the bars. Usually there is to much vibration for me to use the mirrors anyway, Just need something to keep the law happy.

I've heard others report the Firebolt mirrors are a nice option to consider.
    http://americansportbike.com/newdir/Item/17375
    Apparently, they're a better functioning mirror, but you'd need to figure out some thing for the turn signals.

thanks bubba, I like the look of those mirrors. Is the Buell sticker optional? Any one ever seen bar ends like the ones Bubba linked to mounted inverted? The bracket on the bar end arcing the mirror over the handgrip? The mirror would be inboard of the bar end....just wondering, trying to figure out something different. Really like the billet machined housings. :D

http://americansportbike.com/newdir/Item/5569

I rock firebolt mirrors and have the turn signals integrated into the running lights like zac4mac has done. Firebolt mirrors work very well and using leds in the turn signals gives everyone a heads up. Oh, and I think the whole bike looks weird. Like a sexy nerdy chick. I choose function over form here as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast