, change, develop" /> Most Liked Exhaust Your Honest Opinion - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Liked Exhaust Your Honest Opinion

I talked with Kevin about this quite a bit, asking if the ECM needed to be remapped at all. He said that it works fine with the stock ECM. I haven't noticed any issues with the Ulysses or Firebolt with this configuration, and there's no stumbling anywhere in the power range. Is it really worth the cost of an upgraded ECM when I can just tune the stock one using ECM Spy?
    I ran my Drummer with both the stock ECM & the EBR unit. The stock ECM is definitely adequate, but the EBR maps provide significant improvements to throttle-response, smoothness, decel-popping, & of course power, right across the rev range. It was undoubtedly one of the best-value performance upgrades I've made to any motorcycle I've owned...

If you're more patient & knowledgeable about re-mapping than I am, I'm sure you can achieve the same results as the EBR ECM provides with ECM Spy, but for me it was money very well spent.

I ran my Drummer with both the stock ECM & the EBR unit. The stock ECM is definitely adequate, but the EBR maps provide significant improvements to throttle-response, smoothness, decel-popping, & of course power, right across the rev range. It was undoubtedly one of the best-value performance upgrades I've made to any motorcycle I've owned...

If you're more patient & knowledgeable about re-mapping than I am, I'm sure you can achieve the same results as the EBR ECM provides with ECM Spy, but for me it was money very well spent.
    I really do need to spend some quality time with the Firebolt and ECM Spy... the only issue I notice is considerable deceleration popping. The Uly has a similar setup, but doesn't have the popping. I don't know if the previous owner (Alien on here) or the original owner had remapped the ECM, but it would be worth taking a look to see if there's any major differences between the two.

My "garage" laptop finally died, so I'm in the process of rebuilding another one and I need to get the software installed on that. Then I'll have to do some data logging to see what's going on with it.

I love my D&D it makes Harley riders cry! With that being said if I could pair it with deans headers I'd be in heaven!

^ I agree I love the sound of my D&D.

I absolutely love my factory race exhaust. The sound it emits makes me tingle in all the right places.

i wish EBR would pick up the xb parts licensing...i absolutely love the race cans, but the ones that are always on ebay look like someone threw them out of an airplane at 30k ft then ran them over with a dump truck.

im excited to get my special ops pipe, but when i had the race can (on a previous bike) it was perfect.

Yeah where do people ride their bikes because I have had the above d&d for years and it looks nothing like the ones your talking about!

currently on ebay

It doesn't help that the ones on ebay are most likely off of salvage bikes that aren't treated right from the time of pickup to the part out...

if you're trying to look for an argument, you wont find one here. read my comment above that...has nothing to do with the source of the race cans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast