Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SX Demo Ride?

I'm in Austin, TX for work and walked past AF1 motorcycles and saw a SX in the window. I found a forum post on EBR where they said they allow demo rides. I'm really considering it, but I didn't bring any of my gear with me since I didn't expect this opportunity, and I try to be a ATGATT kinda rider. I've only been on the road for a year with my XB9S, so I know this is gonna be a completely different bike, making me REALLY wish I had my gear to ride around in downtown Austin.

What do you guys think? I don't have an EBR dealer nearby, so this may be my only chance to demo for a LONG time.

Don't ride it.

You were warned.

Seriously.

You'll end up buying it....

+1

I rode the RX today. Wow, its got so much more than I expected.

My advise, is dont ride it unless you are confident in your riding abilities, and know how to control wheelies.
    It did make me want an SX and if financing all works out ill have one ordered by the end of the month

I'm not experienced at all with wheelies and the SX never lifted on me.....key point - don't get too hamfisted with the throttle (which I didn't), ride to your abilities (which I did). I had a blast on the SX...needs to be geared better though. I was short shifting the hell out of it.

I'm hoping my dealer here gets one in. I want to test ride it bad. Unfortunately with the RX, they won't let you test ride without a down payment and credit check. I hope they relax a little with the SX.

Go see Ed at AF1. The SX they have is a demo they are good guys. However, as Dean said, it is a dangerous business. You will ride it and want one.

If I was in Austin, I'd be there today. I've got nothing but great things to say about AF1 from back when I had an Aprilia. Stand up guys and they are knowledgable and great to deal with. I have no doubt they're excited and ready to do what it takes to get people behind EBR and on the product. I wish I could say the same about our local Las Vegas dealer. Sadly, they don't say much about them and seem to push Triumph more than anything else.

I'm planning to go Thursday at lunch. I know you guys are right, riding one will only make me want one even more! But I'll kick myself if I don't take advantage of this opportunity.

I went today and I'm glad I did. It felt lighter than my XB9S. It rolled easier, pushing it backwards was easy. But in the end, I prefer my XB. It only had 5.2 miles on it (#32) so I took it easy. Maybe a few times I got to 7k, but just for a second. I know that's where the power starts, but up to that point it felt similar to my XB, if maybe weaker. It reminded me why I chose the XB, because of its personality. I like its sounds, it vibration. This one didn't sound nearly as good to me, I didn't hear it and think "I must have it!" like I did when I first saw an XB.

Don't get me wrong, the SX was cool. It felt like a dirt bike to me, easy to flick around, and i guess the RPM range gave it that feeling too.

I'm glad that I rode it because it made me appreciate what I have. I may update to a newer XB someday, but I didn't see anything today that convinced me to continue saving up.

I just thought I'd share this. Also, I have to mention this, AF1 was awesome. Great guy, nice experience, and they made the demo ride experience easy. The also had 2 RX, black and red, to go along with their white SX. Just in case anyone else is interested in going there for a demo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast