Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 04 Ninja

Well, I've been cleaning the tank out for a few days and finally filled her up and put the new fuel pump in her. At about ten last night the wife was in the shop while I was mounting the tank and I fired it up. Started right up then liquid went spewing out everywhere. I was worried. I thought, " what now". Ahhh, the fuel line wasn't connected to the injector rail. So I fiddled and connected it right. Then I started it. Again, fuel out the other side. This time the pump line wasn't on all the way. Jeez. Slow down Chris. Finally she fired and no more gas spewing out of the bike. Just the warm pleasant sound of an inline bike. So I threw the huge oem can on and bundled up. Down the street I went. It was cold last night. But that was the hope shot I needed on this project. A strong running engine is priceless in a situation like this. I can't wait to get a new radiator and really see what this bike does. I have ridden several liter bikes and really missed the refined smoothness that the 1125 was lacking. At 80 or 90 mph the bike was smooth. Really smooth. Unlike the 1125. That feeling of everything being in sync no matter what gear your in is what I have been looking for. No matter what mapping or pipe setup I ran with my Buell I just wasn't able to achieve that. There was the "sweet spot" on the 1125 and that was limited. When I pick up another Buell it will most definitely be an xb. I really love the sound and feel of those.

I had a 636 Ninja and really liked that bike.

I've had 3 kawasakis (2002 6R, 05 6R and 08 Versys) and each one had been an amazing bike. There is a definite smoothness and refinement that the Buell just doesn't have and I understand that the raw almost falling apart feel of the Buell isn't for everyone.

I will always recommend a Kawasaki to anyone interested in one and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. I've just grown to appreciate the charm and simplicity of the XB models and couldn't ever see myself without one.

I am glad you are getting the bike sorted out after the troubles you had. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon and you're back on the road and happy.

:D glad to see that it's starting to work itself out. Know you were feeling pretty low at first about the trade. Hang in there and congrats.

Still have a (my wife's) ZX6r out in the garage & love taking her for a rip when I get the chance. Nothing like bouncing off the rev limiter at 17,000 rpm! :D

Inactive
    kawasaki always has and continues to make spectacular motorcycles. they pride themselves on setting the worldwide bench-mark for performance dating back to the mind-blowing Mach III 500 triple of 1969 fame. considered to be the world's first superbike. here is the very first kawasaki triple to have ever left the factory...serial #2. number 1 resides in the kawi factory museum in japan. i've owned it for about 20 years now and is on the lift in my shop.

That looks like a show piece . ( Old school is always cool ! )

mind-blowing Mach III 500 triple
    I'm still trembling from my one-&-only terrifying ride on one of those contraptions, even though it was 2 over decades ago!

Inactive
    thanks for the compliment rick. i just use it for display and show these days. had it on display at the international motorcycle dealers show and expo 2X now.

go: that's the consensus of opinion for those who rode H1 and H2 triples......terrifying.
    think of it in terms of taking a yamaha RD250....removing 15 pounds of weight...and tripling the horsepower. insane

think of it in terms of taking a yamaha RD250....removing 15 pounds of weight...and tripling the horsepower. insane
    That's only the beginning. Add binary power delivery, a rubber chassis, zero compression-braking and drum brakes. It's a device more befitting of The Spanish Inquisition than a motorcyclist!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast