Thread: New toy

So, I haven't had a running bike in a while.

I had one sold out from under me last weekend and I found this while looking at craigslist for someone else.

04 XB12R
    Custom shorty pipe (sounds mean)
    Custom paint

pretty much stock. runs beautifully.

So, did you buy it or is it just one you are looking at?

pic of the exhaust.

I'll post more pics later, but yes I took that right after I bought it and before redwhiteandbuell and I made our way back to Omaha from sioux center iowa.

So Stephen and I made our trek up there after work yesterday and got there about 7:30 or so, I had a minor freakout because I thought I forgot the key to my gun box (I had placed the money in it), but I had just clipped it on my pants (duh). After that we met the guy, I took it for a short ride to cycle through the gears, looked it over, and decided it was mine after pointing out some very minor things (a bolt and a reflector missing). The guy said it had an issue burning the ignition relay, so I grabbed extra fuses and a relay that would fit from walmart. Then we decided to eat at pizza ranch and cruised through the town a short bit to get there. I couldn't help but have a giant grin the whole time. After we were done we searched for gas and couldn't find any stations with 91, so we went to the next town and finally found one. I filled up, popped in my earbuds and started out following him, after a short while it started raining...then it really started raining. The water kept sticking to my shield so I sped up so I could see and led probably half the way home. All together it was a nice ~160 mile trek to get to know the bike. I got soaked, but I couldn't be happier with how it happened.

nice paint!

Cool exhaust! Nice find!

Oh, I also contacted clear vue concepts and will be in contact with them about maybe making clear rod covers and rocker covers.