Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible stator issue???

Hear is what I used http://roadstercycle.com/Roadstercyc...egulators.htm. Most of us have. It needs good airflow. This is how I mounted mine.Hope this helps.

All parts are in minus the VR that should get here Tues or Weds. My Tech guy said he started tare into the bike this morning and couldn't believe the stator didn't only fry but it started to melt so that's where the smoke vapor that was pouring out of the crank case breather was coming from. Thanks Shawns for the reply back. I did ask the tech about relocating the vr he assured me that the current location is fine and having him relocate it will just be a waste of money. So can't wait till next weekend to ride again Or I might have to take a sick day on Weds.

If you are using the stock style VR it can go in the stock spot. If you are using the Ce605sb. it won't fit there. It is like twice the size. The kit comes with enough length to reach the battery. I used the connecter from the stock VR and soldered it to the new one.

Wow, the smoke was ACTUAL SMOKE! That's a new variation on the "bad stator" theme.

Shawn, that's a clever mounting solution for the VR. The obsessive machinist in me winces when I see burrs along the edges, but it gets it out into the airflow nicely. Just don't get stuck in traffic with limited airflow and your VR inches from the toasty exhaust pipes. That might not end well.

I wonder if there is enough space to cram the VR into a scoop to hide it better? Put those ugly CR bits to work! haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12