Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys think my bike is worth?

I have and xb12 and an 1125cr. The 1125cr is an awesome bike with gobs of power and awesome looks. My xb is the daily rider while the 1125cr is a great saturday bike. You will not be disappointed if you keep the xb or get 1125cr. Both a pleasure to own

thanks for the insight guys. if anyone wants to let me take a test ride let me know :)

i almost forgot my xb also has 50dro axle and case sliders :)

snrusnak, I am in the sam boat but do not want to sell my 04 XB12S. Love my XB but came across a 09 CR with less than 2k miles and asking $4900. Unless there is something wrong with it that the owner hasn't disclosed, it is going to get pretty hard to ever find another one with such low miles for this price. I haven't rode a CR but from everything I've read they have different characters. I just want the CR for (1) owning a piece of great american motorcycle history, (2) variety, (3) less heat for the hot Texas summers, and (4) a bike with less miles that I hopefully will not have to put as much into as I have my XB. The XB was in good shape when I bought it, I'm the third owner. It does have a dent under the left frame puck from the PO dropping it. I've done a bunch of upgrades to it and have loved being able to work on it myself. Kind of like therapy. Problem is that my wife said I could get the CR if we get new living room furniture first. Don't think I can swing both .

My 1125 feels just as hot as my Xb. Frame isolators help a lot though.

Does your significant other consider motorcycles as furniture? For now when I'm not riding my 1125 is in the living room lol.

Does your significant other consider motorcycles as furniture?Â* For now when I'm not riding my 1125 is in the living room lol.
    I get in trouble for leaving my shoes in the living room! I'm still working on the CR. The seller is not being very forthcoming with information. All I've been able to get out of him is that it is still for sale.

lol well i can't swing both bikes. financially and dont have the time for both. I think the thing I'd miss about the xb is the "rawness". But I think I'd rather have the cr......still need to ride one.

I picked up an 1125CR a couple months ago to compliment/replace my Xb12R. A few notes from making the transition and being able to ride both back to back:

The 1125's produce equal or more heat than the XB's. I'm pretty convinced their cooling systems are undersized. My CR rapidly gets to 200 (and over) deg F in traffic in 80-90 deg ambient temps.

I noticed my feet are always warm/hot now.

My bike had high bars when I bought it. And it was absolutely bizarre coming from the XB12R. While fun for low speed maneuvering, the upright seating position makes you very much like a sail during highway rides and is just weird during higher speed maneuvering.

1125 has far more balls than the XB12. It will likely blow your mind coming from an XB9. If you want raw, the 1125 is just that.

Unless it was already done, you will have to replace the rotor and very likely the stator. Just assume you'll have to do both. As far as I can tell, charging issues are not a matter of "if," but rather "when."

The hydraulic clutch is weird coming from the XB's cable type. The slipper clutch on the 1125 is awesome.

1125 engine sounds like a drunk sewing machine. Get a pipe and tune ASAP to drown out its babbling.

Yes, you will have a sixth gear, but the motor wil still be spinning at 4k-5k revs at high way speeds. @ 80 mph the motor will be turning at about 5500 rpm. The 1125 needs a 7th gear.

The 1125's have some well known quirks, but if you can deal with them, they're super cool machines. Both my XB and 1125 have gotten lots of attention. Generally
    more than my friends who ride triumphs and ducati's costing many thousands more. It makes them sad.

I agree with ya timeless except for the 7th gear, the 1125 loves to be operated in its higher rpms 8k or better of course I don't cruise down the highway at 9k rpms so I get what your saying.

And with such a short run bike all the kinks were not worked out so there are things to be worked out by any long term owner. But several such as dean and njdevils that took theirs over 30k miles so im not so worried about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12