Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think my bike is worth?

I've been toying with the idea of selling my xb to get a 1125cr, and not sure what I can expect to sell my xb9r for. You guys that know my bike what do you think it's worth? I see prices all over the map. It looks like I can get a nice cr for under $5k pretty easy. And I'm thinking I should be able to get at least $3500 for my xb, maybe even more. It's clean, well maintained, and has some upgrades.

I love my xb but just keep dreaming of 146hp and 6th gear lol.

Dont do it, just got a CR, and its only good points are 146hp and 6th gear...and the 6th gear is the only thing useful.

Dont get me wrong its fast and looks bad ass, but it seems im setup for a ton of problems and money to be shoveled out.

Maybe you just got a lemon? That sucks though. I came from an xb9 to an 08 1125r. I couldn't be happier. Only thing I've had to do in the last 10k miles is clutch weep, easy fix, and routine maintenance. Just buttoned up from valve adjustments a few weeks ago.

And I don't remember much about your bike snrusnak so I'm not really any help here. But xb prices have been slowly climbing in my area. I've noticed since ebr's release of the 1190rx asking prices of xb's in ohio have jumped a grand or so.

I am definitely afraid of regretting selling my xb, as I absolutely love it, it's so fun to ride. But the I keep liking the cr more and more. I know there's more maintenance and it may have some more issues/be less reliable (possibly....the xb platform has issues too) but I'm very mechanical and can handle it all. I feel like the cr would give me the same bike I have now but with more hp, less heat, and 6th gear. For only about $1k or so more. 2 things I know are that I don't want the 1125r(JMO but I don't like the look) and I don't want that blue frame, again JMO but I don't like that look. There's a really nice 09 black frame cr here for $4900, seems perfect from the ad. It has me tempted. But if I do make the switch I can't do it right now, I'm currently selling a house in orlando and buying one in gulfport. I need to wait at least a month or two or maybe longer.

I never take pics lol. MIne's the black one:

Relatively stock.

Bar end mirrors(welded in SS nuts in the bars so they screw down snug)
    Some parts powder coated black or silver(wheels, brake calipers, triple trees, master cylinder, etc
    Almost brand new wheel bearings and steering neck bearings
    Rear hidden brembo caliper mod. Done very clean with custom brake line to fit nice.
    Good plugs(iridiums), tires, oils, etc. Always have kept up with the maintenance.
    Put a new belt on it about 5k miles ago or so.
    Breather reroute to under the bike.
    K&N and open air box.
    Replaced the fuel pump(v6 mustang pump) a year or so ago.
    I have a stock 12 muffler on it with the valve wired open.
    Forks were rebuilt about 5k miles ago.
    Brand new battery.
    Rear integrated xblights tail light. Also the flasher free mod is done. (I might swap the light to the cr if it will fit and work).
    Has the race maps flashed to the stock ecm.

Bad:
    Headlights are horrible. Other than that there's really nothing wrong with it.

It's basically stock with minor modifications to make it look real clean. And cheap/easy performance upgrades. I actually have a bunch of spare parts too.

First off. Nice bike.

Just a few things on the xb9/1125. I miss my xb9. A lot. But I love the 1125 enough to not worry about it most of the time. It has a different personality than the xb and is not quite as raw in some manners. In comparison the 1125 feels like you are riding an alien spacecraft compared to the xb. It is by all means an awesome machine and I found it to be the missing link between my old xb9 and r1. I will probably never sell my 1125 but I will definitely buy another xb. If I could do it over and I knew I was able to work it out, I would have kept my xb and saved up a bit longer for the 1125. Just some food for thought.

Dependant on the mileage and year, I would put a general price on your bike between $3.5-4k. That estimate does not hold much weight though as I am a stingy ass broke college kid. But take it as you will. Nice clean bike that I know has been maintained by a knowledgeable owner is a big selling point. I do not know what xb's go for in the lower states.

Yeah I really want to ride a 1125 to see how i like it. I love the xb but i can't afford to have both. And I barely ride enough to justify one bike as it is.

that's my yellow one in that picture
    How have u been snrusnak

haha hey man good how about you? I just moved to MS, trying to get settled here! How about you? I don't recall your name? I remember you had the smiley face on you bike. Is it running good now?

Yeah I really want to ride a 1125 to see how i like it. I love the xb but i can't afford to have both. And I barely ride enough to justify one bike as it is.
    Imagine an xb9 that redlines at 10.5 with exponential power increase starting at 5k and continues to the redline. Not quite as much off idle grunt but just as much if not more low end, infinite amounts of mid range and top end comparable to a gsxr-750.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast