Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AVOID TWIN MOTORCYCLES NL!

(WARNING) DO NOT ORDER FROM TWIN MOTORCYCLES! They practice very bad business! I ordered a part off of there website that said nothing about it not being in stock, they wait until you send them the money to inform you that the part is NOT in stock and that there is a wait time. Then when you tell them to cancel so you can order somewhere else, they hit you with a 25% cancelation fee! Even though they never even had the part to begin with!!! I have been trying to get my money back for a few days now, and all they have been doing is dragging this issue along trying to buy time for the part to show up. This is BAD BUISNESS. Word to the wise, order off of eBay, Forums, or your local HD shop. Trust me when I say AVOID TWIN!!!

Now they are actually arguing with me on multiple Facebook Buell groups. And they are having their employees chime in with negative responses from their personal Facebook accounts.

I didnt see them arguing. I saw them letting people know how the transaction went, and how they are following their terms and conditions.

Because they erased it. And they are hitting me with a 25% restocking fee for something that is not even in stock. And they are actually arguing with PayPal now.

It is unfortunate that they don't have active inventory availability on their website. You had to expect this though. Have you seen the catalog of parts on their site, there is no way they stock everything they have listed. I don't know why you would buy something through Europe anyway. Keep it in the states and you will have much smoother transactions from now on. I think its a little harsh what you are saying. I'm sure you would have gotten your part, not very quickly but they are a reputable company. Maybe a simple warning to people that they don't stock items so expect long lead times would have been more appropriate.

And keep in mind they are Dutch. You might think of them being unprofessional, but they tell everyone like it is. Nothing is sugar coated that is just their culture. They actually have a backbone unlike American businesses that are afraid to tell the customer they are wrong. I've spent some time in the Netherlands for work and its shocking to hear what coworkers will say to each other when they are not happy. It would be considered offensive and inappropriate here but its normal for the Dutch. I fit in pretty well.

That must be frustrating, but you've lost any hope now of reaching an amicable resolution by discrediting them on a public forum...

What did you order?

IMO A good idea when ordering a part from any store is to call before you place the order, or send an email. You can't just ASSume that they stock every single part for a M/C no longer in production.

The 25% fee is odd, but most likely they ordered your part and paid for it. You canceled your order and now they own the part when it gets to them. Why don't you just wait a little bit for it?

I hope you get it resolved. Don't just post the bad. Wait till the situation is resolved. Then post your experience. Bashing a business on a public forum before it is resolved ain't cool. Like Kona said, your experiencing a different culture as well. Getting parts for Italian bikes is an interesting experience as well.

Considering, they are going to be the company that steps up to save our Buells when Harley can legally step away and leave us dying...think I can let your 1 bad experience go.

But if you insist on not purchasing from them, try www.americansportbike.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast