Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical? bug has me stumped...

Inactive
    bill: here's info that will help. there are several nice looking used ones with warranty on evilbay for less than $30
    part # is Y0300.02A8 i believe they're same from 2003-2008
    there's a board member named jetlee who is a good guy and extremely knowledgeable. he posted vid on how to test ohms before you shop for new. i believe you'll find yours is out of spec. click link below for his vid. very helpful. the coil is extremely easy to remove after you remove airbox cover, filter dome lid, filter, and base plate. unplug the IAT sensor from baseplate and leave sensor on the plate. it is fragile so unplugging simplest thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OANfjyXJaDU

Ok, after a prolonged winter and lots of other things going on, I've got my baby back on the road.
    The coils were good. What the issue turned out to be was the crank position sensor. Changed that out and she fired right up. After a good ride she started dieing just off idle. Running like a bag of crap unless on the throttle. (Not always a bad thing....:p), but now it was getting half the fuel economy and left me out of fuel mid pass in traffic...Not fun. Checked it out with ECM Spy and the fuel enrichment was always active. Now it was the TPS sensor. Replaced that ('93 mustang, thank you very much). Back to running like a champ.
    I had been talking with some of the techs at the local shop, and they figured it was the CPS in the first place. I just wanted to cover all my bases myself before I blindly started just throwing parts at it. (Seems to be the case with some techs I know....).
    Cheers and Happy Riding Season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12